1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.

Walnut Wood on an AK-47

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Midwestgunstocks, May 14, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Midwestgunstocks

Midwestgunstocks Member

This was a fun project - working on an AK-47! Turned out to be a great fit and it was exciting to watch the customer recieve it... Check out wwww.midwestgunstocks.com

2. yakimaman

yakimaman Well-Known Member

That's nuts..... lipstick on a pig. AKs are for dragging through the mud, not to look pretty.

3. sporting20gauge

sporting20gauge TS Member

Nice. Furniture

4. ljutic73

ljutic73 Active Member

I respect the project and the workmanship it took to get it done, but I kinda agree...i'm just not a fan of military stuff in general and AK's in particular...but to each his/their own...

5. wolfram

wolfram Well-Known Member

Nice job!

It does seem a bit odd but then again lots of guys love their AK rifles so why not have a goodd looking one.

6. shannon391

shannon391 Active Member

Nice,

If you own one for protection why not make it fit ?

If you have never shot an AK, your missing out on a very fun and powerful shooting, sporting gun. Shot up some heads of lettuce and some old cinder block (the old style soft black ones made of fly ash and cinder}. Made quite a mess quick, soot and salad everywhere!

What a grin!

7. billyboy07208

billyboy07208 Member

They can be nice with the milled reciever and longer barrels.

8. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

So....going the opposite direction... are synthetic stocks thus considered bad on a trap shotgun?

9. Unknown1

Unknown1 Active Member

<blockquote><I>"If you own one for protection why not make it fit ?"</I></blockquote>...because one thing I never gave a second thought to when firing an AK was whether it was comfortable to hold or not!

Keller

10. Midwestgunstocks

Midwestgunstocks Member

There is nothing against syntetic stocks, but in trap shooting they are too light and we are always tryning to take the kick out of our guns... But other than that syntetic stocks work great for hunting...
    www.midwestgunstocks.com

SJR

11. Steve W

Steve W Well-Known Member

Nice wood and wood work.

AK is one of the best combat weapon from the 20th century, I think it was most copied military auto rifle ever.

The design, manufacturing tooling and function of AK were at the opposite side of the spectrum from being pretty and expensive . Putting good looking wood on it is too much.

If you go any further, the wood cost will exceed the value of the gun. LOL

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.