1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Walmart target prices

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by blkcloud, Aug 22, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. blkcloud

blkcloud Active Member

For 3-4 years now our walmart has sold their 90 count remington targets for 9.99 a box.. I would travel 50 miles to another walmart and buy 20 bowes at a time for 6.99, my wife called the other day and said they had a pallet full of champion 90 count for $5 a box.. I bought the whole pallet.. 82 boxes.. might be worth checking out at your walmart..

2. 320090T

320090T Well-Known Member

All Champion targets come with a small hammer in the box, only way to break them. lol

3. Kyle Spieles

Kyle Spieles Member

We have been paying around $9 per 90 clays at Wal-Mart for a long time. My girlfriend calls me last week while she was in a Wal-Mart and said they had a 90 count of Champion clays for $5. I told her to go ahead and get a case not knowing what to expect. For some reason, I thought they would be sporting clays (which I thought is smaller) instead of trap pigeons. Sure enough they were the same kind. We buy them to hand throw them. They worked excellent. We are going over this week and buying a lot more :)

4. Virgil

Virgil Member

Apparently not all Walmarts that sell clay birds are offering the $5/box special. I bought 35 boxes at one Walmart yesterday but checking with two others in the area gave no results. Our local Walmart is said to be one of the most greedy (biggest profit margin--does this make them greedy?) east of the Mississippi. I doubt that they will ever offer a deal like that. They have been at $9.97/box for some time. I think they were $10.97 at one time. Normally I buy my birds at a gun club but I couldn't pass up the $5/box deal. I bought these in the Northern KY area.

Virgil

5. Kyle Spieles

Kyle Spieles Member

each Wal-Mart have different deals. There are typically several wal-marts within about a 30 minute driving distance of every person in America. The idea is to get you to go in each of them and hopefully find other items. I have 4 Wally world's winthin a 30 minute drive and each one of them carry different products, same products but different prices and two of them have a higer tax percentage. I really try to watch where I buy things.

6. Virgil

Virgil Member

Surprise. I went into our local Walmart this morning. My intent was to ride (not in a mean spirited way since I know some of the associates in that area) the people in sporting goods about not having the $5/box clays. Sure enough they didn't have any out. I asked the lady where the $5/box clays were. She looked at in a quizical way like I must be crazy since their Whiter Flyer clays were $9.97/box. I told her that I had purchased some on Saturday at another Walmart not too far away for $5. She said she would go in the back and look. After a little while she came back and said that they had a whole pallet of them. They might not be the best birds but it is hard to beat $5/box. Hope you can find them in your area if you are interested.

Virgil

7. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

If the targets are on a current sale, they will order them for you at the sale price and side mark them for you to pick up ... They do it all the time ... If WalMart don't have it, you probably won't need it ... Thanks for your support ... WPT ... (YAC) ... (Stock holder ) ...

8. blkcloud

blkcloud Active Member

I went to our walmart back in the spring and ask the woman behing the counter did they have any 12ga.AA's.. oh no they dont make them anymore.. I said or really.. that's right they quit making them hun.. (I hate when people call me hun) I agreed with her and walked off..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.