1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

WalMart strikes again

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by ljutic73, Jun 6, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ljutic73

ljutic73 Well-Known Member

one more shooter/citizen boycotting WalMart...good one you!...it's a start!

2. revsublime

revsublime TS Member

Can never complain about chinese manufacturing losing another customer. Bravo!

3. primed

primed Well-Known Member

I had the same thing happen at the local Mexican restaurant. As in your case, company policy. Told the waitress to "never mind, I'll get my drink and leave my tip elsewhere". I will not be back.

Bob

4. lumper

lumper TS Member

What kind of beer?

You'll be back ... they got the cheapest shells.

5. jnoemanh

jnoemanh TS Member

I try to avoid WalMart/China whenever possible, but I do buy USA made shells there. I've bought many thousands, always paid for them at the Sporting Goods counter, no questioins asked. The other day there was no one in Sporting Goods, so I went through the regular check-out. I'm 64, but the 18 year old asked for my ID anyway. She never actually looked it, checked me out. I don't consider it a big issue, just silly. Lumper's right, cheap shells, and if they're low on stock, they'll special order them in any quantity.

6. jimbob

jimbob TS Member

Sounds like he drove all the way to Wally World and got pissed at a kid for following company policy and then drove somwhere else while gas is $3.00 a gallon.

I buy beer and bullets at Wal-Mart, they ask for my ID, no big deal. Gander Mtn asks for my ID every time I use my Visa.

Relax, have a cold one and just breathe......

7. JBrooks

JBrooks TS Member

Let's see, the law says you have to be 21 to buy beer. The law also says you cannot discriminate based on age. So, they set a policy that says ask to see everyone's ID. So, you don't like the policy, too frickin bad. Don't shop there and don't whine here.

8. JH

JH Well-Known Member

Perspective....keep perspective.....a marginal young employee "cards you" in an attempt to follow company policy to the letter and enjoys getting even with adults...(who knows, he may hate his father and grandfather)....and now, you will respond to such affront by never going to Walmart?

You are letting emotions get the best of you.

Regarding those on this site who hate Walmart for a variety of reasons....typically, Union issues......I will keep buying shells at Walmart EVERY CHANCE I GET....they are the cheapest where I live....if the Union is willing to mail me a check with the price difference, I will be happy to buy shells where the Union recommends.....

9. Kolar Dan

Kolar Dan Member

It's the law in Louisiana. To buy alcohol you must have a valid ID.
    Sonny

10. bigclown

bigclown TS Member

I am 67 also. Stopped at a diner on the highway. Tried to pay for my breakfast with a credit card. The teenage cashier asked for a picture id (driver's license) before she could approve the credit card transaction. Why? Answer: Because her manager requires it for all credit cards...being on a major highway, they have lots of people (immigrants) using stolen or fraudulent cards. Made sense. I asked her if she just wanted to see how old I am. She giggled and said "no, I'd guess you are about 47". I told her she was so nice she could take the rest of the day off. Made my whole day. The people doing the asking are just following orders. Best Regards, Ed

11. biggreen

biggreen TS Member

I bought a flat of shells at WallyWorld the other day My 17 yar old son was with me and after I paid for the shells I asked my son to carry them for me to the car. The witch at the register got her panties in a wad reaming me about my sons's age because it was against policy for a minor to even carry them out of the store. What a bunch of asses. I ahve 2 places within 50 miles to buy shells. Wal-Mart and Dicks.

12. revsublime

revsublime TS Member

Why does everyone want to shoot the messenger?

These poor people are being paid peanuts to do their crappy-ass job and then have to deal with jerk's who do not understand store policy.

Who sets store policy? Surely not the minimum wage making cashier who is worried she/he could lose their job trying to appease every cranky s.o.b out there.

13. biggreen

biggreen TS Member

Sometimes the messenger has a stick up his/her A$$ and delivery can make a great dal of difference in the response to it.

14. Wayne In ny

Wayne In ny TS Member

Just like when they tell you that there is a three day waiting period to buy a gun . I don't want to wait three days "IM mad now"

15. Jennifer

Jennifer Member

What's the big deal with getting carded? It's the law and the clerk was just doing their job! There's lots more pressing matters in my life than caring about getting carded. Like EE said, I take it as a compliment and go on with my day!

Jennifer

16. Whiz Bang

Whiz Bang TS Member

If it is obvious your over 21 and Doug being 67 what is the point of carding someone? What does the clerk check on your ID that will clear the sale?

17. revsublime

revsublime TS Member

I've been in Sprawl-Mart a few times. If i was a employee there, I'd have an attitude also.

Has to be some of the rudest shoppers I've ever experienced. Deal with them for 8 hrs a day, every day...even the most timid of folks are gonna tend to get snappy with someone blaming them for Corporate policy.

18. revsublime

revsublime TS Member

Yeah..no reason to complain about all the small mom&pop businesses that they have driven away. Nor about supporting a country that has little regard for human rights. American Manufacturing? We dont need no steenking jobs.?

19. revsublime

revsublime TS Member

..and you cant expect much common sense for $6.35/hr.

20. ljutic73

ljutic73 Well-Known Member

I don't know if Walmart sells ammo in Canada or not....they built a new store here (Lethbridge, Alberta) a few years ago....never been in it...no reason to....could be givin' the damn things away and I'd never know it...don't read thier advertizing either...causes one to lose brain cells, methinks!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.