1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

WALMART should take over the USA...

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by Bob Schultz, Apr 11, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bob Schultz

Bob Schultz Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

WAL-MART VS. THE MORONS (NOT A JOKE)

I know lots of folks don't like Wal-Mart, but this is fascinating.

This is spot-on.

PLEASE, READ THIS TO THE END. IT IS VERY INTERESTING!!!

Wal-Mart vs. The Morons

1. Americans spend $36,000,000 at Wal-Mart Every hour of every day.

2. This works out to $20,928 profit every minute!

3. Wal-Mart will sell more from January 1 to St. Patrick's Day (March
    17th) than Target sells all year.

4. Wal-Mart is bigger than Home Depot + Kroger + Target +Sears + Costco

K-Mart combined.

5. Wal-Mart employs 1.6 million people, is the world's largest private
    employer, and most speak English.

6. Wal-Mart is the largest company in the history of the world.

7. Wal-Mart now sells more food than Kroger and Safeway combined, and
    keep in mind they did this in only fifteen years.

8. During this same period, 31 big supermarket chains sought
    bankruptcy.

9. Wal-Mart now sells more food than any other store in the world.

10. Wal-Mart has approx 3,900 stores in the USA of which 1,906 are
    Super Centers; this is 1,000 more than it had five years ago.

11. This year 7.2 billion different purchasing experiences will occur
    at Wal-Mart stores. (Earth's population is approximately 6.5 Billion.)

12. 90% of all Americans live within fifteen miles of a Wal-Mart.
    You may think that I am complaining, but I am really laying the ground
    work for suggesting that MAYBE we should hire the guys who run Wal-Mart
    to fix the economy.

This should be read and understood by all Americans… Democrats,
    Republicans, EVERYONE!!

To President Obama and all 535 voting members of the Legislature,
    it is now official that the majority of you are corrupt morons:

a. The U.S. Postal Service was established in 1775. You have had 234
    years to get it right and it is broke.

b. Social Security was established in 1935. You have had 74 years to
    get it right and it is broke.

c. Fannie Mae was established in 1938. You have had 71 years to get
    it right and it is broke.

d. War on Poverty started in 1964. You have had 45 years to get it
    right; $1 trillion of our money is confiscated each year and transferred to
    "the poor" and they only want more.

e. Medicare and Medicaid were established in 1965. You have had 44
    years to get it right and they are broke.

f. Freddie Mac was established in 1970. You have had 39 years to get
    it right and it is broke.

g. The Department of Energy was created in 1977 to lessen our
    dependence on foreign oil. It has ballooned to 16,000 employees with a budget of
    $24 billion a year and we import more oil than ever before. You had 32 years to get it right and it is an abysmal failure.

You have FAILED in every "government service" you have shoved down our
    throats while overspending our tax dollars.

AND YOU WANT AMERICANS TO BELIEVE YOU CAN BE TRUSTED
    WITH A GOVERNMENT-RUN HEALTH CARE SYSTEM??

Folks, keep this circulating. It is very well stated. Maybe it will end
    up in the e-mails of some of our "duly elected' (they never read anything)
    and their staff will clue them in on how Americans feel.

AND

I know what's wrong. We have lost our minds to "Political Correctness"
    !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Someone please tell me what is wrong with all the people that
    run this country!!!!!!

We're "broke" and can't help our own Seniors, Veterans, Orphans, Homeless
    etc. and the last months we have provided aid to Haiti, Chile, and Turkey and now
    Pakistan ( the previous home of bin Laden). literally, BILLIONS of DOLLARS!!!

Our retired seniors living on a 'fixed income' receive no aid nor do
    they get any breaks.

AMERICA: a country where we have homeless without shelter, children
    going to bed hungry, elderly going without needed medicines, and mentally ill
    without treatment, etc.

Imagine if the GOVERNMENT gave U. S. the same support they give to
    other countries. Sad isn't it?

2. bigdogtx

bigdogtx Well-Known Member

Bob,,,,,,,why would you want our gov't to operate in an efficient and common sensical way????

3. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

If WalMart don't have it you probably won't need it ... Thanks for your support ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

4. johnboy

johnboy Member

Wal-Mart certainly changed retailing. I like being able to buy anything for ammo, motor oil and bread under one roof.

5. Big Al 29

Big Al 29 TS Member

Wal-mart:

Put our local:

Department stores out of business.
    Electrical supply shop out of business.
    Appliance shop out of business.
    Clothes store out of business.
    Grocery store out of business.

I hate wal-mart. It killed the local stores that our neighborhood was founded on. Now the shops are hookah smoke shops, Pawn shops, Cell phone shops, check cashing shops, and abandoned with "for sale" signs in the windows.

Plus, everything is from China.

F wall-mart.

I wouldn't patronize them if they were the last store on earth including Home Depot and Lowes.

6. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

Aprice-- I actually checked your file source-- it was you in 2009 and is so labeled in your photographs

aprice_2009_151092 was the file number on your computer- evidently taken by a relative when you are spoofed up

You were trying to get the award for the best dressed Walmart store investigator for the local may day celebration event
    gn7777777_2008_0303214.jpg

7. 7mag

7mag Well-Known Member

Walmart did not put your local stores out of bussiness! The people (your friends and relatives) did they chose to spend there money at Walmart not your local stores.

8. BigBadBob

BigBadBob TS Member

I agree with BucPride,

They employ 1.6 million people but how many did they cause to loose jobs?

How many have worked there and quit because of company policy?

The reports I read is they can't employ people to stock shelves and stock is sitting in the isles.

Their customer service sucks, the reason I'll never darken the door to a Walmart again.

If they have it, I don't want it!!

9. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

The good people of America that did not patronize the Mom and Pop places are the people who made WalMart what it is today ... The Mom and Pop places were going to fade away when the next generation took over any way ... They had a line out the door a few months ago at one of the local WalMarts, thought they were giving stuff away (again) and it turned out is was for job applications ... I figured it out right away, these people just wanted to get a job at WalMart so they would have something to complain and protest about ... Well, there again it proves that if WalMart don't have it you probably won't need and that includes a job so you have something to complain and protest about ... God, I love this place, get to run into many old friends who said they would never darken the door at WalMart again ... WalMart by the way started out as a Mom and Pop place many moons ago and rather than sit tight like most of the local merchants they spread out across the world like a Bull in a China shop (they are in China also, by the way) ... Once again Thanks for your Support and see you at WalMart ... I made a suggestion that each store should have an entrance and exit for people who will never shop there again so they don't run into anyone they know when leaving ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

10. BigBadBob

BigBadBob TS Member

What?

Sorry, WPT, I reserve th right to disagree with you.

I saw first hand over 30 years ago what a Walmart (way before Supercenters) did to the small town it went into and the small towns within 10-15 miles away.

No more mens or womens clothing stores in either town.

No more 5 and 10 stores in either town.

No more drug stores in either town.

No more jewelry stores in either town.

No more P.N. Hirsch stores, Sears catalog or JC Penney stores in either town.

No more pet stores, paint stores, sewing or remnat shops.

No more Gambles or Western Auto stores.

Luckily, the little old Walmart didn't sell gas or groceries or there wouldn't have been any gas or grocery stores left, either.

They killed small town America.

Nothing left in these small towns in their old business areas but empty store fronts. But by golly, we got us a Walmart. let's get all dressed up and go shopping!!!!

I have never, and will probably never, hear someone say," When I grow up, I want to work at Walmart."

If Walmart has it, I don't want it!!

11. BigBadBob

BigBadBob TS Member

Soon, I hope, Rick.

12. BigBadBob

BigBadBob TS Member

I travel for work and being in construction I am alwys in need of tools or materials.

I try to use the town lumber yard or hardware store before going to Home Depot or Lowes and it bothers me when I get to an area that has not got a good old-fashioned lumber yard or hardware store. I also tend to eat in the small mom and pop diners and restaurants instead of the Chains like Applebees and so forth.

This country has become so lazy that we will do anything to save time or money by shopping at these bigbox stores instead of supporting the local businesses like the lumber yard or Joe's Hardware or Pappy's diner. It does not matter what town or state I am in, I look for local owned first and then only when I have no other choice, the big box stores, Except Walmart. I still refuse to patronize them, htere are still other options open.

It's a shame more folks don't take the time to research their options before patronizing the big chains.

13. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

BBB,

You Sir are a rare bird, most people are looking for convience and good prices more so than stand by their convictions ... My hats off to you and the others who maintain the same shopping habits and support the little local business's like you do (WalMart and the people who work there are locals also) ... Just think if the 100 millions and millions of shoppers that shop at WalMart felt the same way you do and shopped someplace else, what would happen to the 1.6 million people who are employed by WalMart and depend on supplimenting their income so they can feed, and clothe their family besides keep a roof over their heads ... Many people like to pick WalMart apart because it has turned out the be the Worlds largest retailer and employer more so than legitimate reasons, like you have because of the eradication of small local business's who's 1, 2, maybe 3 employees probably went to work at WalMart once they closed to try and maintain some dignity in their life and life styles rather that go on Welfare ... I applaud you, keep up the good work, but remember if you ever need WalMart it will be there for you also, you just never know you know ... Hugs and Kiss's to the family from your friends at WalMart, they thank you also ...

The last report I got states that last year alone WalMart gave back in (donated) the State of Arizona over $10,550,000.00 and change, last time I looked and I don't look often thats more than most little local retails or 1,000 of them did in total business ... I'm surprised you have a computer because they are just as much a part of progress as WalMart is ... I Bow to you, to the others "Thanks for your support" ... WalMart will be here long after we are all gone ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

14. BigBadBob

BigBadBob TS Member

wpt,

I only have a computer because ,like other businesses, construction is brainwashed to the belief that there needs to be constant contact to the rest of the company and world. I held off as long as possible, but it does at times make my job easier and as often as not, more difficult. Managers have come up with all kinds of reports and schedules, etc. that can be electronically tracked, logged, transmitted, printed or sent and read almost immediately.

Computers, cell phones and the good old "direct connect" have taken the responsibility of making decisions away from the average worker. Instead of making the decisionon in the field abouta certain aspect of the project and taking responsibility for the decision, right or wrong, we now send an e-mail or call or beep our superior and let him or her decide for us.

Also, look at all the time and money wasted with folks that should be working instead of screwing around on sites like this one.

And if I didn't have a computer, how dull your lives would be with 1 less person to argue with on TS.com!

Oh, well. I'm still not going in a Walmart the rest of my life, unless of course, I am building one!

15. BigBadBob

BigBadBob TS Member

Why is that being selfish, Rick?

I typically don't have any say when I am sent to a project. Being a good union man, I'll build a Walmart or a Foreign car dealership or whatever. Just because I could build them doesn't mean I have to patronize them.

that's the great thing about being union. We will picket a construction site and worry the owner to death if he doesn't use union tradesmen to build his buildings and then turn around and tell everyone not to patronize the business because they sell foreign cars or practice unfair employee treatment.

It's the American way, right. What is good for me is good for you whether you like it or not?

16. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

BBB,

Your points are all well taken and legitimate, once again I applaud you and envy your fortitude ... I don't really care to argue with anyone on TS.Com or any place else for that matter, just express a different opinion for your and their consideration, except Neil because he's fun to argue and debate with ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

P.S. I stopped by Pappy's diner they said to say hello, and tell you and that they shop at WalMart (Sam's Club) also ...

17. Catpower

Catpower Molon Labe TS Supporters

I too will never darken Walmarts doorstep, my wife does it

I would be very happy if I never had to go in another store

And I have really started liking shopping on the WWW, UPS's fuel is a lot cheaper than mine, and with a little research it is free

That way I don't have to deal with the urban idiots, they all don't hang out at Wallyworld

18. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

Catpower,

Watching the people at WalMart is more entertaining than going to the show and its free ... Thanks for your support and thank your wife also ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

19. Steve W

Steve W Well-Known Member

It's easy to criticize a big and successful business like Walmart, but like WPT said, Sam Walton started as a mom & pop shop in 1945.

Sam Walton made an American dream come true. He didn't steal, he didn't cheat, he even lost his lease to his first landlord because of his little store was so successful, that the landlord wants to take over.

I'm not defending Walmart, just stating the fact that it's success was made by it's customers, the people, mostly Americans.

20. Jerry944t

Jerry944t Well-Known Member

If you people think you can run the country like Walmart you better learn to speak Mandarin since the Chinese will own us a bit more than they already do.

Very hard to find anything in Walmart that's made in the USA.

Walmart and their cheap foreign made goods, part time labor, etc, is a business model that works for Walmart but is detrimental to the rest of the USA.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.