1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

#### WALMART SHELLS UPDATE & CORRECTION #####

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by dontrys, Jul 24, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dontrys

dontrys TS Member

FOLLOWING IS AN UPDATE & CORRECTION TO YESTERDAY'S AVAILABILITY POST FOR THE "SPARTA WALMART SHOTGUN SHELLS."

First a minor correction RE: REBATE proceedure.

The Winchester AA shells will do the rebates ONLY at the WINCHESTER VENDOR store (not the "shell house") and ONLY for the full five (5) flats. If less than that YOU will need to do it through the mail.

I'm also told that they will give the rebate to you in the form of a $100 dollar bill contained in a special Wallet...while they last, how about that?

The other brands Remington, etc. REBATE, ONLY through the mail!

I was also informed that the typical WALMART 4 packs & 8 box flats are quite plentiful at $20.97 and $41.94 respectively. That price figures out to be at about $52.43 per flat/(10 box equivalant) but are available only in 3 dram!!
    ALL PLUS TAX!

Another note.... Today Remington was noted as saying that they would make every possible effort to get their order "shorted" GOLDS there by the first of the month (AUG.) But the Mgr. could not be absolute!

Once again, I hope this is helpful to all you fellow shooters.

DON

2. dontrys

dontrys TS Member

3. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

The fact that WalMart is the world largest retailer might make a difference when it comes to making sure they have their stock on hand when needed ... Sounds like someone from Remington might be looking for a new job if they can't deliever, then again the folks at WalMart might not push the subject and do the best they can with what they have to work with ... If WalMart don't have it you probably don't need it anyway ... Gamaliels will probably have the Remingtons at a higher price of course ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

4. dontrys

dontrys TS Member

I understand that Gamaliels is shorted too. However, that is not an official comment!
    DON

5. Harv Shell

Harv Shell TS Supporters TS Supporters

Bill, why the hardon for Gamaliels? Or do you just push Walmart to stir it? Harv<br>ps I still carry my magic rocks.

6. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

Harv,

I have no ill feelings, much less a hardon against Gamaliels, I do have stock in WalMart though and would like to take this opportunity to thankyou for you and all of the others for the support ... Shoot well, be safe, and stay well ... Everyone make a big deal out of a retailer who is going to be someplace for X number of days when WalMart is there everyday and gives back to the community in which it is located in many different ways ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

7. Harv Shell

Harv Shell TS Supporters TS Supporters

Bill, that's an honest answer. I have had a lot of good dealings with Gamaliels and appreciate the convenience of them being on the grounds and not gouging on the prices for that convenience. Shoot & bowl well, Harv.

8. batman1004

batman1004 TS Member

shells at walmart in colo. were 20.97 for 4 pack feds. $ 7.57 AA and a crushing $ 9.79 for rem sts whats up with this rem price. g3

9. dontrys

dontrys TS Member

Batman,
    Thanks for your enlightening input about the shell prices in Colo.

Dare I point out to you that the Grand is being shot in Sparta Ill. and the WALMART there is selling the shells, as mentioned in a previous posted thread.

So the prices there have no consequences in Sparta.

DON

10. Joe Woods

Joe Woods Well-Known Member

Just check inventory on floor at Walmart , Sparta,Il.

Not comparable with any Walmart I was ever in. Not even close.

You had better come and check it out.

See you in Sparta,IL..Hopeful.

Joe Woods/Ontario

11. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    New advertising slogan:<br>
    <br>
    "Remington - The Best Shotshells You Can't Buy."

12. capvan

capvan Active Member

OT, I know. But anyone who thinks WalMart is just wonderful hasn't spent much time looking into their business practices. There's a couple of books out there that are real eye openers. We do shop there, but only when there is no other choice for what we want...

Just my 2 cents....

capvan

13. snapthecat

snapthecat TS Member

There is a growing problem with wal-mart employees concerning ammunition. An employee sees a shipment being recieved at the store, calls hubby and he runs to the store, buys all they have and goes to the nearest flea market and sells the stuff for 2 or 3 times what he paid. This is a big problem at the Murphy, NC store as well as the Waynesville, NC store. No wonder we can't find shotgun shells or .380 cartridges. I am sure it goes on in other areas as well.

14. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

Capvan,

Is anyone or anyplace wonderfull to everyone, I don't think so ... The business practices of WalMart have been altered and or modified since Sam Waltons death but the fact remains they are the biggest retailer in the world and operate well within legal boundrys, which is a lot more than many other large retailers can claim to do ... The books can be written by anyone and may just not be as factual as you think they are, so don't believe everything you read ... When you are talking Big Business things do happen and eventually get fixed or changed to sit better with everyone involved, thats a gimme ... I have witnessed first hand some of the things that WalMart does for the community and its probably not in the book you are refering to ... I have seen more people in WalMart who say they will never, under any circumstances go there and prefer the Mom and Pop places ... When I write my book, that'll be in there, bet on it ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

15. dontrys

dontrys TS Member

this one too

16. DoubleAuto

DoubleAuto Well-Known Member

Wal-Mart has paid out more than $640,000,000 to settle 60 some odd class action lawsuits for not allowing employees meal and rest breaks and forcing them to work off the clock (without pay). More such lawsuits to be settled. Wal-Mart, the state of Tennessee's largest private employer, have/had 25% of their employees on TennCare (the states Medicaid program). The Tennessee taxpayer's paying for many of Wal-Mart's employees' medical insurance. YES, WAL-MART IS WONDERFUL.

17. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

Double Auto,

You obviously believe these orders come down from Corporate and not some guy who is trying to make a name for himself in his Supervisors eyes for advancement ... Place the blame where the blame is due and not on just the one who's name hangs over the door ... If the State of Tennesee knows about it and those people are on TennCare its because there is more to it than meets the eye ... If you know about it, you can bet the State knows about it and something would have been done about it if it was not allowed ... Please do not single out WalMart in class actions lawsuits, in todays sue crazy world companys are getting sued every day by people who legitimately have nothing coming but still collect ... Check out some of the people getting SSI and see if they are all entitiled, no don't bother the world's population are all crippled and deserve what ever they can rip off be it from WalMart or the United States Government ... Get real ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

18. batman1004

batman1004 TS Member

if you can afford to go to the GRAND then you should buy your shells from some one at the grand or bring them from home don't buy them from walmart even if they are cheaper get on the big 3 shell co. to reduce their prices and don't sell us out to walmart any more don't buy shells from walmart unless the red chinees make a new trap shell for about $ 2.50 per box maybe a good paper shell then buy.. batman

19. DoubleAuto

DoubleAuto Well-Known Member

WPT:

The facts I listed are FACTS. Not the sugar coating by an admitted Wal-Mart stockholder who has NO FACTS. And this wasn't one store or one state, it is multiple stores in and across many states. Lawsuits in Federal and state courts. It isn't a few employees, it is tens of thousands in most of the lawsuits. Wage discrimination, having to work off the clocks, forced to work through meal and scheduled rest breaks, etc. FACTS WPT, FACTS.

Maybe Wal-Mart is trying to clean up their act with their employees. I hope so. But until it is backed up with FACTS, Wal-Mart must live with its past (and possibly present).

Dude, WAKE and see the FACTS.

DoubleAuto

20. tuscarora 99

tuscarora 99 TS Member

Ok guys. I was just out at the SCTP Nationals this past week. The shell house was full of remingtons and winchesters. I didn't see many federals, they could have been in the back and I didn't see them. The remington store was doing their rebate in store, winchester and federal were not. I'm not sure what the grand will be like just reporting what it was like this week. We had absoutely beautiful weather with the highest it got was 86. Hope you all enjoy yourselves at the grand and good luck to you all. Sincerely, Osker Reynolds

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.