1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Walmart selling GUNS again

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by The Rock, Nov 20, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Rock

The Rock Active Member

Our Walmart started selling guns when they opened quite a few years ago. They moved to the new super store and gun sales did not go with them.

I asked why and got the lie that they could not sell guns in the new store because they now sold alcohol in the grocery.

Any way the guns appeared in the new super store last month. Not anything big a few Mossburgs, 870's, and some other low end guns. A few rifles The sales guy said hand guns were being considered.

Rock

Jim

2. lboh

lboh Member

Noticed a Sig 5.56 M400 rifle in my local store this afteroon in NC.

3. Pull & Mark

Pull & Mark Well-Known Member

Yes, I heard several months ago that Walmart was going back to selling guns in selected stores to help bring back the sagging sales that have dropped off in their stores. They are also going to bring back the Layway Plan as well. Walmarts sales are slipping. break em all Jeff

4. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

I was at our local Wal Mart the other day (Sparta, IL) and noticed they have a Bushmaster AR15 for sale in one of their gun cabinets. They also had a Ruger Mini 14 with all black Synthetic stock. Now they have never stopped selling guns at this Wal Mart but this is the first "Black Guns" i have ever seen them have for sale. I was actually suprised but in the same sense i'm glad to see it.

5. APrice

APrice Active Member

Wal-Mart shoppers with guns? That's a scary thought.

aprice_2009_151030.jpg

6. ivanhoe

ivanhoe Well-Known Member

Walmart brought back Lay Away this year for the holidays only. They are also limited to Electronics, Toys, and Jewelry.

Bob Lawless

7. spitter

spitter Well-Known Member TS Supporters

While WalMart appears to be bringing them back in some locations, Dicks' opened a new location near us... no firearms, no ammo... no reason to visit!

Jay

8. Mark425

Mark425 TS Member

APrice..... same woman from the back.

mark425_2008_030377.jpg

9. Auctioneer

Auctioneer Well-Known Member

We have two Wal-Mart's that are 15 mile apart. 2 diff counties. The older one does sell guns. The 2 year old Wal-Mart doesn't. I to was told that being a new store they dicided not to sell guns but to let the old store sell guns. I now have to drop by the new store and see if they are going to get some in. Also hear what they have to say.

10. Ajax

Ajax Well-Known Member

Wal-mart never stopped selling gun in my area. They have handled a pretty good selection for some time now. I know you won't believe this but the clerks are knowledgeable of the merchandise! I know, it was a surprise to me too. Not as good as Ketchican, but good.

Ajax

11. grntitan

I was at our local Wal Mart the other day (Sparta, IL) and noticed they have a Bushmaster AR15 for sale in one of their gun cabinets. They also had a Ruger Mini 14 with all black Synthetic stock. Now they have never stopped selling guns at this Wal Mart but this is the first "Black Guns" i have ever seen them have for sale. I was actually suprised but in the same sense i'm glad to see it.
    grntitan_2009_2503279.jpg

grntitan_2009_2503280.jpg

12. grntitan

grntitan_2009_2503279.jpg

grntitan_2009_2503280.jpg

13. DecalDude

DecalDude Active Member

The Wal Mart in Sparta had the TriStar trap guns in stock. I was kinda in awe but then again right by the WSC Grand why not.

Jerry Lewis

14. sliverbulletexpress

sliverbulletexpress TS Member

Wonder what be a Carbin? I think I read that WM had problems with the ATF because some of their clerks weren't quite capable of meeting the required bookeeping. Maybe they have hired smarter clerks?

On an unrelated Wal Mart matter, they will be having a lot of employees quitting tobacco I hear since they will have to pay 50% higher insurance premiums if they don't!!! Hmmm wonder if WM will quit selling tobacco products? Wouldn't that make sense if you're going to penalize you employees for smoking?

15. FIB

FIB Member

Years ago my local (at the time) WM carried some pretty nice firearms. They carried Ruger Red labels, Remington 11-87 Premier's and other decent guns (not just low end Mossy's and 870 Express's).

16. ivanhoe

"Wonder what be a Carbin? I think I read that WM had problems with the ATF because some of their clerks weren't quite capable of meeting the required bookeeping. Maybe they have hired smarter clerks?"

Well SBE I believe that when the sign was being printed the user picked a font one size to big otherwise it would have all been there.

What I want to know is what is bookeeping did you have font size problem also?????

Bob Lawless

17. Pull & Mark

Pull & Mark Well-Known Member

Bob, That's what I heard as well. So what's the problem to get the store manager to fill out the paperwork for the 2-3 guns a week that most would sell. Hopefully the manager can get the paperwork correct. LOL. break em all Jeff

18. gun fitter

gun fitter TS Member

I wouldn't personally want to go to Walmart or spend my money there. Not exactly an American friendly or jobs friendly corporation.

Ol Sam Walten must be rolling over in his grave!
    Joe

19. grntitan

Joe,

You may shop where you choose but the estimated 2.1 million people working at Wal Mart are probably quite happy they have their jobs. I would say that is somewhat "jobs friendly".

20. ivanhoe

"Ol Sam Walden must be rolling over in his grave!"

Well who ever he is he might be, but I doubt that Sam Walton is.

Bob Lawless

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.