1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Walmart raises prices on Federal 100 pack shotshel

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by 1oldtimer, Jan 12, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 1oldtimer

1oldtimer TS Member

Walmart jumped their Fed. 100 pack shotshells + $2.00 Friday. Now $25.37 + tax. No Win. or Rems. 100 packs in stock. This is at Bowling Green,OH. Effect of hoarding?
    Clyde

2. Rick Barker

Rick Barker Well-Known Member

Was there shells on the shelves?

Hoarding usually results in no stock on the shelves.

It is more like "what the market will bear". Demand and supply is what is really all about.

If demand is high, supply is low, prices are high.

If demand is low, supply is high, prices are low.

If demand is high, supply is high, prices are what people are willing to pay.

3. Retxt

Retxt Member

They are still $23.97 in Ky. They haven't had Rem or Win. In awhile around here and there are 4 Walmart stores in a 25 mile radius of my location.

4. 320090T

320090T Well-Known Member

Shells went up the first of the year.

5. Cajun Blaster

Cajun Blaster Member

They marked them up in New Mexico also. The shelf was empty.

6. likemybrownings

likemybrownings Active Member

Up in Fremont OH also.
    DaveB

7. timberfaller

timberfaller Well-Known Member

"Never let a crisis go to waste"!!!

Wal-Mart is just practicing good ole capitalism, ie "free enterprise" .

8. deercreek

deercreek Well-Known Member

They were raised to 25.37 in central Indiana also. While there was a variety of rifle and pistol ammo, there was not a single box of 22lr.

9. stokinpls

stokinpls Well-Known Member

Just fallout from Obamacare and the expected round tax (cigarette tax money is drying up so let's tax ammo - Rahm). Sorta like 9/11 when the Caseys raised their gas price to $5.99/gal (and there was a line at the pumps).

Bob Falfa

10. shooter99

shooter99 Well-Known Member

I picked up some Winchester in Wisconsin at Farm and Fleet for $21.00

11. BigBadBob

BigBadBob TS Member

I was just in Dunham's in Traverse City, MI. They had Winchester Target and game load 4-packs for $27.95.

Federal Top Guns were $69.99 a flat and Rio Target loads were $64.99 a flat.

12. CharlieAMA

CharlieAMA TS Supporters TS Supporters

I was at Academy this afternoon, just snooping around. A kid that works there that I know from the gun club told me that they get ammo in twice a week. But it is gone by 10 AM. There are guys in the parking lot at 4 AM, and when the store opens, they come in and buy it all. Their 30-06 ammo is $40.00 a box. There was no pistol ammo. Some big bore rifle stuff, and some shot gun ammo.

13. Michael Wascom

Michael Wascom Member

Shotgun shells up here has be scarce at best for the past 6 weeks or so and all out empty for the cheaper shells.

I just left Sportsman Wharehouse where they had 6 of the 100 packs for $27.99 per 100,a $4 increase.

I grabbed all 6 boxes but was told at the register I could only purchase 3 per transaction but that I could buy the 3,Take them to the car and return to buy the other 3.

I went to Wallmart first,they was empty after 6 weeks still and their prices have gone up $2 per 100 without having any shells at all........bone dry

14. sernv99

sernv99 Active Member

You might want to check out a Dicks Sporting Goods, if you have one near by. I stopped by my local Dicks Sporting Goods and they had plenty of target and hunting ammo. Federal "blue box" target loads were $5.99. Pistol ammo was almost gone (the more popular calibers were wiped clean). They had two signs up: one stated .223 and 5.56mm ammo was limited to 6 boxes per person and then another sign that stated all ammo sales are limited to 6 boxes per person. *rolls eyes*.

15. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    Don't blame Mao-Mart. They probably got a price increase from the distributor, who in turn got it from the factories.

16. Redcobra

Redcobra Active Member

As the panic buying continues and the prices rise, it seems every time I reload a box I'm saving more money.

Seriously... What has been happening with powder prices?

17. spitter

spitter Well-Known Member TS Supporters

Blains Farm and Fleet in Illinois has 100 packs and .40 S&W both on sale this week...

Jay

18. Tripod

Tripod Well-Known Member

My Old Milwaukee quarts went from $1.99 to $2.39 in the last few weeks as well. My life is going downhill in more ways than one.

19. schwabby

schwabby Member

As I just posted on another thread, Walmart has different prices for different markets. They are much cheaper where there is competition. The local Walmarts here have the Federal 4 packs for 20.97 and 17 miles south in a small town they are 25.97.

20. Jim Bradbury

Jim Bradbury Member

From what I heard. If Walmart has the Federal 100 packs and you want them, get them while they still have them. I was told that Federal lost their contract with Wal Mart and Reminton picked up the new contract. The guy I heard it from was happier than hell, telling me and another that made Federal would be able to fill the orders for his store now. THis was from the sporting goods store that our gun club buys all of our ammo through. So I would think that the person who told me this knows what he is talking about.

Jim Bradbury

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.