1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

walmart federal flats

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by dhip, Aug 1, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dhip

dhip Active Member

Just seen the new federal flats at walmart.I guess you can call them flats,onlt 8 boxes in them instead of the normal 10.Just wondering,are these the flats of the future???$44 per.

Doug H.

2. DoubleAuto

DoubleAuto Well-Known Member

B & P already sells their 16 and 20 gauge shells in 8-box "flats".

3. miketmx

miketmx Well-Known Member

When you shoot 100 target events 10 boxes to a flat is not too handy.

4. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

They have had those out for several years now. Just something different. I don't think it's intended to replace anything.

5. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

I bet Leo's flats will still have 250 shells....

for shootoffs.....

6. t7731

t7731 Member

Bass Pro Shop has Remington Gun Glubs for $49.70 per FLAT (10 boxes) for the next three weekends. That would be $4 cheaper per 8 boxes than Walmart.

7. claybrdr

claybrdr Well-Known Member

My 12 ga B&P cases had 20 boxes. We've gone from cases to flats to whatever 8 boxes should be called. A hosing?

8. Frenchy

Frenchy Member

When i see a post like this it makes me think that poeple must think we
    Americans are a bunch of fools.But if you thank about it why shouldn't they?
    They have fooled a lot of people.Take for example pay T V for 60 years it was FREE now people pay good money to watch reruns with commmercials.They have tried this shell stuff before.They tried to shells with 20 to a box so you had to buy 5 boxes to make 100,lucky it never caught on.Shells were 20 boxes to a case,then the retailer said this was to heavy and after they got the cases down
    to 10 boxes they raised the price to what a 20 box case used to cost and they even did it to the 28 and 410's and everyone knows how heavy them 410's are!Just my yearly rant but seems to me we got wake up sometime soon huh?

9. Big Jack

Big Jack Well-Known Member

When they find it difficult to increase the price, they reduce the quanity. Just look on the grocery shelves for a good example. The 16oz cans are now down to 13 to 15 oz's. Just look at the weight in a "pound" of coffee for example or canned vegetables. Would you expect anything different from the shell manufacturers?
    They will charge what the market will bear and streach that point if they can get away with it. Supply & Demand! They have..You want..Pay the freight!

Big Jack

10. Dickgshot

Dickgshot Well-Known Member

I never saw the Federal 8 pack until recently. At $44, it was a little cheaper than buying two 4 packs.

11. likemybrownings

likemybrownings Active Member

So the price conditioning has started! $44. was cheaper than buying 2 4 packs, $4. gas,,, look gas is down to $3.45 what a buy, they condition us Americans to pay what "they" want!! BAD US!
    DaveB ohio

12. Jawhawker

Jawhawker TS Member

Dicks was where I first seen the 8 box flats a number of years ago. Then they started showing up at wally worlds. I rarely go into a Dicks so I was wondering if they still have the 8 boxers as well.

13. machete

machete TS Member

The bastards are now making a case of Coke with 20 cans. A half gallon of ice cream has 1.5 quarts. A half gallon of Florida's Natural orange juice has under 60 ounces.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.