1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Walmart Brain Surgeons ha ha ha

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Jerbear, Nov 8, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jerbear

Jerbear TS Member

Just got back from our new Walmart and got 8 boxes of Federal 1oz 12 gauge #8's Gameloads for $2.98 a box. Seems the stock crew was smoking something last night and put the shells in the shell case with the date of 9/27/04 and the price of $2.98. The cashier tried to tell me she could not sell me those shells at that price but at $3.88 that was on the sticker on the bottom of the case frontand scanned at $3.88. Having been a business owner for years, I knew the state of Michigan's consumers act that in short states, the price on the item is the price you pay. Dear Holly (cashier) politely told me I need to talk to the store manager, who was not quite up to speed in Michigan law. Walmart has been beat up by our attorney general before on this very subject.(see above) Back to the fun... I was told to go to customer service and ask for the store manager... I did that. I was greeted by the asst. manager and he was somewhat dumbfounded I knew the law, I told him that he seems to be new at this because Walmart has been hit by the state before and I was going to be having a luncheon with Andy Dillon our Representative in the near future for a township get together and a Q & A session. I told him to follow me back to the shell case witch is locked by the way and showed him all the shells marked at that price. I told him I wanted all of the $2.98 shells in that case. Unfortunately there were only 7 boxes and he reluctantly sold me them for that price. Moral of the story is don't back down to these clowns and you may just get a good deal.Ah I love Walmart!!! ha ha ha ha

<a href="http://photobucket.com" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a> Jerbear

2. smartass

smartass TS Member

You're such a stud. You should be proud of yourself.

3. Jerbear

Jerbear TS Member

Instead of editing the original post I was able to buy 1 box at $2.98 for the purposed of as they put it "good will". I bought the remaining 7 boxes after the ordeal posted above.

Jerbear

4. Jerbear

Jerbear TS Member

Anonymous, not a stud just tired of the bs they try to get away with. As I said in the above post , the link is true.

Jerbear

5. jackmitch

jackmitch TS Member

just goes to show if you drop a name or two who knows what is possible. lit did you meet up with malzie at mo. fall handicap. i forgot to ask him when last i saw him.jackmitch

6. Jerbear

Jerbear TS Member

I don't drop names... Andy comes to my Township Redford MI quite often since he lives here. I see him often and thought we are not on a first name bassis we do cross paths from time to time.

Jerbear

7. Diamond Grade

Diamond Grade TS Member

That sounds like the old bait and switch, which I have challenged stores on before. I agree with Jerbear, if they make a mistake then that is the price they must sell them. Maybe in the future they will check on their employees work. Ron King

8. Neil Winston

Neil Winston Well-Known Member

Lit, you think he's a tough hombre? Well I'll tell you, you've never seen me work. I can't go to Wall Mart since I feel that if I complain about a merchant I would be a hypocrite if I shopped there, so I just try to stamp out capitalism before it starts.

I go to lemonade stands, toss down my quarter, and get my drink. Then I point out that the sign says "Lemonade 25 Cents" and it doesn't say "per glass", it just says lemonade. I trot out Minnesota Law, legislative friendships, whatever it takes. I drink 'til I throw up and all on the same quarter! Man, you ought to try it; I've never had such fun! Lemonade Stand Brain Surgeons ha ha ha.

Neil

9. Jerbear

Jerbear TS Member

Maybe that's why nothing gets done in the ATA as Neil is too busy tossing his cookies because of too much lemonade. Just a thought. <a href="http://photobucket.com" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a>

Just try to point out how Walmart likes that "bait and switch" still and get flamed so screw it.

JMHO....Jerbear

10. Jerbear

Jerbear TS Member

shootlow, did he sell lemonade?

11. jackmitch

jackmitch TS Member

jer just havin some fun don't take mr too serious. i hate walmart and am glad you got to them. last time i was there they had about 3 lanes open and it was a busy saturday night. the lady in my lane never got a single person through her line without assistance from someone. jackmitch

12. wannaz

wannaz Member

This kind of reminds me of another post a while back about Dicks. So tell me, what's the difference between screwing walmart out of the "right" price, and getting a flat of shells from Dicks, for the price of one box? Seems there is a moral dilemma here. It's ok to make Wally world honor a mistake, but don't let Dicks give you a flat of shells for the price of a box, or you're morally deficient. Something seems a little hypocritical here to me. Seems most people here, thought if you took the flat from Dicks for the price of a box, you were nothing more than a common thief. Now that it's wally world, it's ok to rip them off eh? So really what is it, if I take 5 or 6 bucks from Wal-Mart I'm just being smart, but if I save $50 from Dicks I'm a thief. lol Guess it's ok to "save" a little, but tell me what is the dollar amount that it becomes morally wrong to "save". I know my answer, let's hear yours. In case you all forgot here is the old thread.

http://trapshooters.com/cfpages/thread.cfm?threadid=130150

13. pendennis

pendennis Well-Known Member

A few weeks back, Dick's had Remington Gun Clubs for $3.98/bx, if you bought a flat. I bought 12 flats, but the clerk didn't understand the deal, and only rang up a total of one flat. I had written the check, except for the amount, and could have walked out with twelve flats for the price of one in the next minute. It took two more minutes to get her to understand that I had 120 boxes of shells, but I wasn't about to walk out, and maybe cost her a job. It turns out the computer wasn't programmed correctly, and she had to manually override the transaction. I could have been $400+ to the good.

Whether it's $6, or $400, honest is honest.

BTW - Andy Dillon is no paragon of virtue. All he seems to do, is spout the governor's lines. Remember, he was responsible for adding a 6% tax on services in the Michigan House.

Best,
    Dennis

14. ken a

ken a Member

Ya Walmart people have way less class than you do jerbear.

15. BIGDON

BIGDON Well-Known Member

It's to bad some of you can't be on the other side of the error. Then let's see how you scream. You're as bad as the welfare pack that says "I'm entitled". At least the Walmart employee is working, that's more than I can say for many who would prefer to complain instead of lower themselves to work at Walmart.

Don

16. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

Walmart employees are on the same plane as enemy soldiers.

You realize they are not running the show but you kill them anyway.

HM

17. rosies dad

rosies dad Member

Last sale flier of Walmarts had a HD 26" tv for $378, I was in the store the day b4 the sale. Found out the store had 2 tvs at that price coming to the floor at 1201am Sun morn.
    Nobody could tell me where in the store to be in line, or how to be a lucky shopper.
    The flier didnt state limited quantities so I e mailed WM corporate. They could care less. I called corporate, was told the store manager is the boss. Deal with him.
    So I called the store manager, and actually got them to sell me a different brand but same size for the price.
    They are hard to deal with, but sometimes can attempt to be reasonable.

18. Jerbear

Jerbear TS Member

pendennis, the difference between the Walmart deal I made them honor and the Dick's issue, is that ALL my shell boxes were marked $2.98. In Michigan it makes no difference what the scanner says, it's the price marked on the box. Someone made a boo-boo,too bad. Oh by the way the service tax is dead.

BIGDON, all they did was bring them over from a store they closed recently a mile away.They put the shells in the shell case without checking the new price of shells. The date on the price sticker was 9/27/04, they still got their profit margin because they bought them 3 years ago.

Bait and switch is common as Rosies dad said. Man, everyone is flaiming me for making them sell their product at the marked priced. I guess the next time I see a deal, I'll pay twice the price and drop my 2009 ATA dues to save money.

Jerbear

19. nicky

nicky Member

Jerbear I wish this happened to you earlier because after reading this I now realize that I screwed up. I bought a classic car a while back and the orginal sticker in the window said $4,668.00., and I paid a bunch more for it, man did I screw up.,Kevin

20. lumper

lumper TS Member

If this same sort of mistake happened at your local gun shop that you buy almost everything from and where the owners kid made a mistake and priced the ammo wrong and you knew it ... what would you do? Would you take advantage of the kids mistake and buy it all? What would you do if the mistake was caught by the owner when you tried to purchase it? Would you spout out laws and such wanting to screw him over? Would you kindly inform them that they might have the wrong price on the ammo and give them a chance to correct the mistake?

Just what would you do?

Remember this is now a local merchant who you know, who you buy from all the time and have known for years.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.