1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Walmart Beretta 3901 vs gun shop 3901

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Oysterboy, Apr 8, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Oysterboy

Oysterboy TS Member

I am still in the market for an entry-level gun for trap/skeet. On the recommendation of a guy at the range yesterday, I made a trip to Walmart to look at the Beretta 3901 that they sell for about $525. On-line reviews of this gun are quite favorable, and I have come to the conclusion that I can live with the plastic stock as a trade-off for the excellent price. My question is: Is this gun substatively different from the 3901 citizen sold by gun shops for $600-650? While a) I am not generally a Walmart shopper, 2) I want to support the local gun shop (I may need them for service later), I really cannot see a good reason for paying $100 more at a gun shop. Is there a difference in these guns and thus worth the extra money?

2. Oysterboy

Oysterboy TS Member

Would my local shop refuse to work on the Walmart gun?

Kevin

3. Oysterboy

Oysterboy TS Member

A used gun is option #2. I still have a bit more money to save (am looking in the $500-650 range). If I buy used likely I will get a O/U because of a reduced likelihood of necessary repairs in the sort-term.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
beretta 3901 at walmart
beretta 3901 for sale at walmart

beretta 3901 walmart

walmart beretta 3901
walmart beretta shotgun for sale