1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Walmart AA $7.57 per box

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by microbrew44, Dec 20, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. microbrew44

microbrew44 TS Member

Walmart AA $7.57 per box. What will it mean for you?

2. Jim101

Jim101 Active Member

Absolutely nothing, I shoot hand loads with my home made shot for everything.

Jim

3. bill1269

bill1269 TS Member

same here,means nothing

4. microbrew44

microbrew44 TS Member

When you go to a trapshoot next year and find attendance down 50%, then would it mean anything to you?

5. smartass

smartass TS Member

It's all Bush's fault.

6. Bisi

Bisi TS Member

$7.50 a box, equals $30 a hundred. Add sales tax and your talking another $1.50 to $2.00 a hundred. Targets $20 a hundred plus ATA fees and state fees and your talking 60 cents per bird. Add in travel expenses and food and your talking some serious $$$$$.

I will shoot less, or quit shooting.

I was purchasing "Remington Gun Clubs" for around $3 a box a year ago. Now they are wanting $5.99 a box. Give me time, I may adjust after getting over the price increase. Or I might not, time will tell.

7. makalii600323

makalii600323 TS Member

goose2,

We pay 9.99 a box......................

Aloha,

Makalii600323

8. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

As the years have gone by....we went from $.25 gas to $1.25 gas and got used to it.....

Cokes used to be a dime in the machine....now find one for a dollar???

My 1967 GTX (426 Hemi) cost $3100.00 new......now for $3100.00 you can't get reliable transportation...and we're used to it...

So...if we are to continue to live and have our shooting hobby, we will just have to "Become Comfortable in Our Discomfort".....

I'm picking up 50 flats of Top Gun's this morning....just had Greg Hissem re-do my stock...and I'm going shooting tomorrow...

The national average age of men dying is 73.6 yrs.....to me that means I only have 13 more years to make the All-American Team....Haha!!

Merry Christmas to all...

Curt - Delaware

9. shannon391

shannon391 Active Member

It's because new shells are finally catching up to the price of lead, however lead seems to be falling and this will result in cheaper shot hopefully in time for shooting season. Reloading will become the way to go once again.

10. nzk0vw

nzk0vw TS Member

At K-Mart in Athens Al Win AA's at $8.99/box of 25. Lynn

11. lumper

lumper TS Member

Shannon ... it is nice to have dreams but shot will never be cheap again, it will drop in price but it will never be cheap again. It will be at least mid and more likely late 2008 before we see any types of major decreases.

12. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

Curt,

If you had that GTX back it would be worth some where in the ball park of $100,000 and possibly even more ... I have a 1967 Plymouth Belvedere I, 2 door sedan that will have a Hemi in it before much longer and the insuance company suggests replacement value at $100,000 ... Hell, my car was only $3,100 w/tax new and I paid 10 times that for it being a total restoration ... Them Hemi's sure ain't cheap to build today, but it came from the factory with one so it has to be one once again ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

13. BIGDON

BIGDON Well-Known Member

Do you think complaining on here will make a difference. You act like it is the ATA's fault. If shoot attendance is down next year then that is what it is. If you do some frugal shopping you can buy them for less. Read the posts that tell you where and when prices are less. Stock up. That is why I have 30+ flats in the basement. No I didn't buy them all at once but over the last 3 months.

Shooters shoot and whinners stay at home.

Don

14. Grizzly

Grizzly TS Member

The best thing that Wal-mart could do for trapshooters and shooters in general, is too advise Winchester that Wal-mart will no longer be selling Winchester shotgun ammo due to high pricing. With the buying power that they have, they could have an impact on Winchester and their pricing Generals. Do you agree? If so, how many cards and letters can you write asking Wal-mart to consider acting on this suggestion?

Thanks, Grizzly Adams

15. AAtrap

AAtrap Well-Known Member

Curt, you're my kind of guy. Go for it. Good shooting and Merry Christmas. Steve

16. code5coupe

code5coupe Member

"The best thing that Wal-mart could do for trapshooters and shooters in general, is too advise Winchester that Wal-mart will no longer be selling Winchester shotgun ammo due to high pricing."

Then, W-M will have to tell Remington and Federal the same thing....which means we can forget buying ammo at Wal-Mart, since those are the only brands of shotshells they sell.
    Like it or not, W-M is the cheapest source of Fed/Rem/Win shells we have.

Or, another way to look at it is: WAL-MART DOESN'T CARE ABOUT DOING THE BEST THING FOR TRAPSHOOTERS! They care about making a profit. If that means increasing the price of their shells, then you will have higher-priced shells. Live with it.

17. lumper

lumper TS Member

Let us all not forget that clay target shooters is really no more than a large pustule pimple on the ass of the industry when it comes to shot shells. Wal Mart could really care less about us along with the manufactures.

18. Grizzly

Grizzly TS Member

Well Code,,,,Maybe so, Maybe so, but in my area there are 6 Super-Centers and in all 6 the shelves are stacked full, thats it, full, the sales are slim and none. See if they like all that merchandise just sitting there, collecting dust, looking to collect a nice big profit....Seen a component salesman Wednesday nite that was selling AA's of any type for $8.02 cheaper on a flat than BIG OLE PROFITEERING WALMART. Now how can that be? He is just one itty bitty seller with maybe 30 flats, just wondering how many flats BIG OLE PROFITEERING WALMART has on hand?? Sorry, but I no longer believe that Walmart strives to be the lowest price out there. My local grocer is much, much cheaper on the same brand foods. It is sad that Ole Sam had to pass away, he is probably flipping over in his grave the way his home owned, home grown business has become....

Just my opinion, and I think we still are entitled to one, aren't we?
    Grizz

19. DoubleAuto

DoubleAuto Well-Known Member

It will be interesting to see if Wal-Mart keeps selling the higher end target shells (STS, AA) in the future. If these loads don't move you may only see Wal-Mart handle the promotional shells in the future.

20. lumper

lumper TS Member

Grizz ... I dont know where you live but by me there is no cheaper than Wal Mart on almost everything. I live in an area where there is a couple of Super Wally Worlds and there is at least 10 or 12 various major named grocery stores in the same general area for each super center and none and I mean NONE of the grocery stores are overall as cheap as Wally World.

Now if for some reason your local mom & pop can compete than your local mom & pop grocer should go into the consulting business and show all the mom and pop shops around the country how to be cheaper than Wally World.

We must remember that when Wally World demands a lower price they will give it but at the same time they really dont care to drop there shorts and take it in the back door from them either. They know that no matter what the market will not change and if Wally World kicks them to the curb they wont have to listen to every other mom and pop or other sporting goods dealer complain about Wally Worlds cheap pricing.

The manufactures could care less about Wally World and the actual shooters.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.