1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Wally World AA's

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by ntgr8, Apr 20, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ntgr8

ntgr8 Member

Are the AA's in the value packs from Walmart the same as AA's purchased by the box? Does Winchester make a special(cheaper) run of shells for Walmart?

2. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

AA's are AA's no matter where they are purchased. If you are speaking of the 4-packs at Wal Mart, i don't think they are AA's. I believe they are Winchester Super Targets which are still good shells but steel base shells. However your store may have something different.

Look similar to these?
    [​IMG]

3. Kevin Fleming

Kevin Fleming Active Member

Not too long ago, Winchester was offering a 4pk of AA's boxed like the value packs at WM. I think it was a US Shooting promo. Never saw them at Walmart, although our local walmarts are pretty skimpy when it comes to ammo of any sort.

4. Ajax

Ajax Well-Known Member

The Wally World value pack, in my area, are Winchester Universal and are not the AA hulls. They are not much good to reload either. You might find one reload out of them, but most of the time not even one.

Ajax

5. ntgr8

ntgr8 Member

The ones I have are what Kevin says, US shooting team promo and they are real AA's on the outside. Don't know whats on the inside.

6. sernv99

sernv99 Active Member

never seen AAs in 4 packs at my Walmrt and they always have target ammo in stock....must be a regional thing....

7. perazzi_01

perazzi_01 Member

Seen plenty of AA's in value packs at Walmart and Academy, small portion of procede's to support the USA shooting team ..... been almost a year now since I've seen them .... very much doubt they are in anyway different than any other AA shell. Seriously doubt they would take a chance and under cut their marque brand with nothing but the best quality components.... in reality though it's not just the components as it is consistancy of the shell from shot to shot...which is done by pulling way more shells out of production to check for shot charge and powder weights with subsequent tweaking of machinery....thats really more of what your getting in AA,STS,Gold Medals, and the like. Which equals more labor and higher cost... along with slightly higher antimony and components.

8. capvan

capvan Active Member

I certainly don't know for sure, but it wouldn't surprise me at all to find out the Wally World AA's are "different". Given Wally World's volume, it would make perfect sense for Winchester to make a special run. "Marque" doesn't count like it used to.

I don't shop at Wally's for a number of reasons. I've seen products from leading manufacturer's, same model, same item, but "different" when bought at Wally's. Usually cheaper parts.

Beware....

9. fishguts

fishguts Member

I saw 4 packs of AA's at Cabela's during the winter, I think they were $39.99....

Wayne

10. Dave P

Dave P TS Supporters TS Supporters

I buy my Winchester Universals for $50 per 10 box flat tax included and delivered.

11. Ajax

Ajax Well-Known Member

creeker, the problem I've had with them are in the crimps. They don't fold back in the same spot and flatten out on top. You're right about resizing them first, it helps. I run them through a Super sizer if I'm running them through the 366. If they go through the Mec they get resized in the first station.

If I had a guy saving them for me I would probably work with them a lot more. I must be getting taller as I age, the ground gets farther away every year. LOL

Ajax

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.