1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Wallowa Oregon Turkey Shoot.

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by 2llc, Nov 20, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 2llc

2llc Well-Known Member

December 2, 2012 the Wallowa Rod and Gun Club will be hosting their 2012 Turkey Shoot, the activities start at 9:00am. Pray for good weather, gather up friends, gun, and shells and joint the fun.......... Larry

2. BobHoukOregon

BobHoukOregon Member

WHERE IS THE RANGE?

3. jmac_cope

jmac_cope Active Member

Bob,

There is no place in Oregon any farther away from you than Wallowa! On the other hand, if you can make it to Burns, You sure can make it to Wallowa. Shoot well.

JMAC

4. C-Money

C-Money Member

Sounds like fun!

5. 2llc

2llc Well-Known Member

If you look at the "Shoot ATA" web site there is a map showing directions to the range. If those directions are not adequate I will provide you with greater details. Larry

6. C-Money

C-Money Member

After you get out of the canyon, hang a right on Diamond lane. Cant miss it!

7. 2llc

2llc Well-Known Member

8. 2llc

2llc Well-Known Member

9. 2llc

2llc Well-Known Member

10. 2llc

2llc Well-Known Member

11. 2llc

2llc Well-Known Member

Thanks to everyone that braved the weather to make this a great shoot. The rain and wind quit after the first hour and the rest of the day was fine. Melody and Elisha put on quite a feed for us and the pitch game was going on all day...... Great day and great fun......... Larry

12. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    I bet it's right purty up there this time of year.

13. C-Money

C-Money Member

Larry, Glad you guys had a great day. Looking forward to your next shoot! Corey

14. 2llc

2llc Well-Known Member

When is the next shoot in your part of the world Corey?
    Three counties here (Union,Wallowa,an Baker) set their schedule so big shoots do not conflict with each other. John Adams is making a run at getting the Hermiston club fired up again so I suspect in 2013 there will be quite a bit of trap activity, I want to attend a couple of their events just to give support. I have no idea what Oregon will do for a State shoot as LaGrande and Medford already co-hosted the 2013 event and I hear there is not much interest in having a split event again. I will get a copy of the schedule to you for this area as soon as its finalized.....
    I did better in Wallowa this year, guess I am learning a little. The shoot you attended I mostly just sprinkled shot around on the ground but this year I actually won an event and ended up in 3 shoot off events.... Be well. Larry

15. C-Money

C-Money Member

Hey Larry, I was looking in On Target last night and I dont see any of the Washington shoots listed yet. The Wash State ATA site does not have a 2013 schedule either. I am kinda wondering about the shoot schedule as well. When one of us finds a schedule, we should let the other know! Congrats on your event win and being in the shoot offs! Sounds like great fun! I have been choking recently when I have been in shoot offs! LOL!

16. 2llc

2llc Well-Known Member

Corey,
    I understand that Walla Walla is having a "Buckle Shoot" this weekend.... When I see some sort of schedule here I will make sure I get it to you......

It seems to me there must be some sort of rope between the traphouse and my neck, the further I get from the traphouse the more the noose tightens around my neck............ choke, choke, choke.............. Larry

17. 2llc

2llc Well-Known Member

Brian,
    When you went the message it was foggy, cloudy, windy and raining hard.
    Today it is 25° snowing and almost no wind.......... Now it is something to see............................. Larry

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

wallowa gun club