1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Walleye Fry/Calcutta Protection HTCC July 29

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by pullbangloss, Jul 2, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pullbangloss

pullbangloss Active Member

Dale will be putting on his annual Walleye Fry July 29th at Howard Township Conservation Club in Niles, MI. If your not to busy enjoying the wonderful fish we are also having a shoot that day.

1st Event = 100 Bird Pick Your Partner Protection

2nd Event = 100 Bird Draw Protection

Traps open around 10:00 AM with warm up protections. Calcutta will start at 12:00 PM.

Help me in spreading the word to as many people as possible. It's been a while since we have had a GOOD calcutta in our neck of the woods. Hope everyone comes out to enjoy some fish and a little shooting as well.

Matt Ski

2. pullbangloss

Steve,

I talked to your father the other day. No matter what anyone says Chuck Elman is one of the best shooters around. I now see where you get your shooting skills! If I can put together a father and son shoot would you and Elman like to participate?

Matt Ski

3. pullbangloss

Steve,

I talked to your father the other day. No matter what anyone says Chuck Elman is one of the best shooters around. I now see where you get your shooting skills! If I can put together a father and son shoot would you and Elman like to participate?

Matt Ski

4. pullbangloss

Mitch/Steve,

I'm not sure what's going on. I don't think shooting as a whole is down in the area. Weir still pulls 15-25 shooters every Saturday for games and suzies. Rochester pulls in 10-18 squads on a regular basis for registered. However, the calcutta's are lucky to pull 5 teams! Howard has raised there target prices across the board and reduced the payback on all games. I know that has pretty much ruined there Wednesday night shoot. They use to pull in 20 guys min and now pull in 2-5 per night. Some of the shooters show up at the calcutta's and don't shoot (guilty as charged). But my excuse is that if there is not enough people to shoot I'm not shooting. 5 teams is not enough for me to shoot. I would much rather shoot a 50 bird individual event or play games all day. Maybe we'll get some new guys interested who are excited about shooting and try to turn the calcutta's around. As for the Fennville Grand, I'll be there. Hope to see you guys at Howard's. Walleye is on me, LOL.

Matt Ski

5. Dr.Longshot

Dr.Longshot Banned Banned

E-mail me directions to your club from I-75 I will try to get a few shooters to come

Dr.longshot

6. pullbangloss

MGM,

That's great news to hear about your increased shooters on Friday nights. I think this is were it has to start. If we can get more people interested the calcutta's will surely come back stronger than ever.

Tell the BOD "If you build it, they will come." Hey it worked for Kevin Costner. As far as I know the guys down here will be there. We will loose a few to the Grand but not many.

See ya soon.

Matt Ski

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.