1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Wall Charts

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by jhoward, Oct 12, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jhoward

jhoward Member

I've finally convinced my wife to start shooting with me. Bought her a nice used XT last week and she's having a blast. The problem is, she's riding the birds out till they start to fall and then shooting over them. I was wondering if anyone with experience using wall charts like the one's Jordan sells could tell me if it would help her with shooting faster.

I'm thinking that with the target in the proper shooting location, it will help learn to get on the bird faster and shoot faster, rather than riding the bird out.

2. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Wall charts will help. but finidng a copmetent instructor other than yourself would be better. I know, the question is... Where do I find one of those? I do not know. Let's start with where you live.

3. jhoward

jhoward Member

Nora often gives clinics in the area and we plan on getting her in one if possible. I'm hoping that the wall chart will help during the winter and maybe be less boring than the plain shouldering the gun 50 times a night that I've got her doing now.

4. snowbird

snowbird TS Member

jhoward.

I can send you the whole program to read over by e-mail that part is free.

The Wall Chart will certainly help her see what proper sight picture looks like as well as her helping her get a faster move to the target. 617 shooters use the older Vandalia chart and 590 have the new Sparta models. Twenty one shooters on last years (2008) All-American teams used the wall chart as a training tool.

The physical move to the target is much like a golf swing you can improve greatly by working at it away from the game in the comfort of your own home.

Terry.

5. shotgunpeople

shotgunpeople Active Member

jhoward:

When I got my wife into shooting trap in the 80s, I would have loved to have the chart for a tool...We met Terry by accident in the early 90s, and I purchased a chart to help learn how to use my new release trigger. My wife started using it and what a difference in her shooting...She never could relate to what I was saying about the leads on different angles, and she also was having quarter angle problems...Terry's chart was certainly what I needed to get her out of her problems. The lead dots are just what the doctor ordered for her.

We now have our original Vandalia 10 foot chart that we loan to our local friends to try before they buy, and also have 2 of the 8 foot Sparta charts, one mounted on our enclosed porch, and one that we have in our motor home so we can mount it on the rear while we are at shoots.

I guess by now you know what my wife and I think of Terry's Chart...AND, Terry is a super fellow to chat with about any problems with shooting.

Dave in SC

[​IMG]

6. shotgunpeople

shotgunpeople Active Member

Zardozforty:

Yes indeed, Terry and Nancy are wonderful people.

7. Shooter R

Shooter R Active Member

I've had my chart (Sparta model) for almost a year. I use it almost every day, often for just 15 "swings". (My last handicap score was a 96). Useing the chart: I hold on top of the house, call, then, BEFORE I MOVE THE GUN, I imagine the target arcing, and moveing to one of the painted targets, THEN, follow and move smoothly past the target and pull the trigger as I pass the aiming point. Initially, if you're honest with yourself, you will be "not so close". Then as you practice you will be "very close".

You should know what a soft focus is before you call pull, then what a hard focus is when you see the target. (It's locking on to the front of of a moveing target). Also, keep your head down. (see the next tip on how to do that).

My advise for shooting good scores is to use as light of a shell as possible (even from 27 yards you don't need Super Dupers in my opinion). Also know how to set up an adjustable stock, or at least have one that fits you. Shoot a few "on paper patterns" to check it out.

If you shoot in cold weather and wear "stuff", reduce you length of pull 1/8" - 1/4".

My chart is like a peice of artwork in my basement. It's something I would not want to do without.

8. TEXASZEPHYR

TEXASZEPHYR Member

Dont ask nora about the chart, she says she personally prefers to feel the recoil when she pulls the trigger. Don't know if she has ever tried it. But i think some of the other people holding clinics to recomend it. Ask P K how he feels about using it.

Bob

9. Clayshooter08

Clayshooter08 Member

GET THE CHART...I was shooting mid eighties and went to 96-97 in about two months...Haven't shot lately because of work...

10. Picabo 12

Picabo 12 TS Member

You can't go wrong with Terry's wall chart besides he will help you all he can after you buy one. He is one of the best people that I know in shooting.
    Steve Crawford

11. Picabo 12

Picabo 12 TS Member

You can't go wrong with Terry's wall chart besides he will help you all he can after you buy one. He is one of the best people that I know in shooting.
    Steve Crawford

12. snowbird

snowbird TS Member

Thanks Guys.

I sent the complete write-up to about 6 shooters and three of them bought the smaller 8 foot wide model.

Terry.

13. Rich219

Rich219 Active Member

Terry,

What write up are you talking about? I'm possibly interested in one of these charts.

14. Mr. Charles

Mr. Charles Member

The wall chart is a valuable tool in training new shooters and great in the winter to keep you in shape.

I highly recommend it.

mc

15. snowbird

snowbird TS Member

Hi Rich219.

There is a 14 page booklet that comes with the Wall Chart explaining how to use the chart and a few other drills on finding eye dominance and how to use a few other visual aids to help your shooting game get better. I can e-mail you all of that free, I don't mind giving that out as it creates more sales.

A lawyer that bought the chart a while back thought the written part was worth the price of the chart.

Terry.

16. cunninmp

cunninmp Member

HI all,
    I just got Terry's "Wall Chart" about a week ago. I can say that after using it

for 1 week, shot my best score in Doubles ever. He even sent me 2 of the snap

caps he uses. I can tell already if you use it on a regular basis, it will help.

I got the ten foot because I have the room.

I'm 66 years old now and this is a great way to keep muscle tone and memory

up to snuff!

He also sent me a lot of information to go along with the chart---great stuff!

At the price he charges, he's probably just breaking even.

If you get one, just keep practicing, even if it seems redundant. It does

help!

Oh almost forgot, it's helped me move more from the waist then the left arm.

Good shooting everyone,

Mike Cunningham

Groveland, CA

ATA Vet

17. steve coker

steve coker Member

Hello everyone, I have been conversing with Terry via email throughout the day today. I can tell you that they should start cloaning this man. It is unreal the amount of knowledge he is willing to put out. I am ordering a wall chart and would highly recommend it to everyone. It will be the best money you could spend on trapshooting by far.

Steve Coker

18. snowbird

snowbird TS Member

Thanks Guys.

The free write-up information created quite a few sales in October.

I have had several shooters ask me about making a smaller 6 foot wide model as they did not have the room for the 10 footer or the 8 footer.

I had a 6 footer made, it is an 8 footer with a target missing off of each end. I did some dry firing work with it and it feels good to me. I prefer the larger ones but it would work for sure, it is something we can make if the demand is there. I will get a picture of it up on here later.

Thanks.

Terry.

19. snowbird

snowbird TS Member

The 6 foot wide Wall Chart is still a pretty big chart I am 6'3"

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.