1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Wall Chart ?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by FNG, Apr 27, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FNG

FNG Member

Would someone please give this mediocre shooter a brief description (what is it, how does it work, is it effective, etc. ?) of this "wall chart" I see mentioned occasionally ? Thanks for your inputs.

2. Trap2

Trap2 Well-Known Member

Hit the above link and you will learn all there is to know about it... Dan Thome (Trap2)

3. Rich219

Rich219 Active Member

I would definitely recommend the wall chart. I would say that it helped me pickup the game (trap) much quicker than if I didn't have it.

4. BIG PAPA

BIG PAPA Member

The best money I have ever spent in the game of trapshooting. I can practice shooting as many targets as I want ANYTIME. When it is cold and snow on the ground I can go shoot 25 or 200 targets. I save the gas, shells and target cost. So, as you can see, you only have to use the chart for a short period to pay for it. The only caution I would give you is, it does not work IF YOU DO NOT USE IT. It WILL improve your shooting.

5. slayer

slayer Well-Known Member

But 150 bucks for a big poster??

6. Fraz

Fraz TS Member

If you are a medicore or a well established shooter, The Wall chart will first show you things you didn't know about your shooting, it will smooth out your swing and put you on the money side of the bird. The nice part is that you can pratice when you can't shoot, Should you choose to buy one be it 8 or 10 foot model and " Use it " you will improve, first your hits will be stronger, then you will improve on bird count - yes even in the wind.
    I understand your original question and should you purchase you will find Terry Jordan ready and able to help you with your shooting problems or questions. Do what he tell's you and do it right and medicore will not be part of your trap shooting.
    Give us a post to let us know how you make out.
    Break um
    Fraz

7. cunninmp

cunninmp Member

Best money you can spend. But as others have said, you have to use it!
    I went from the mid to high 80's to low to mid 90's.
    I have mine setup in my shop, a 10 footer. I actually start out at
    nine feet and then go to 12 feet like Terry say's. Really helped me on doubles.

Mike C.
    Groveland, CA

8. FRedmon

FRedmon Active Member

Seeing is believing!

Dave Shaeffer clinic at the Rockingham Gun Club..

FRedmon

9. BIG PAPA

BIG PAPA Member

I know Mr. Kiner uses one in his DVD on shooting. He also wrote in Trap & Field about using the chart. It really works if you use it!

10. snowbird

snowbird TS Member

E-mails and customer comments.

Hey Terry.

Things are really improving for me. Have not shot my first 25 but I know it's coming soon. I have not shot worse than a 22 in league in 3 weeks. Folks cannot believe that someone who had not shot a gun before April of this year can consistantly shoot 22-23. I used to fear posts 1 & 5 but now I look forward to them. As long as my footing is right I smoke targets with very little trouble close to the house.

Can't thank you enough Terry.

Tom.

Hi Terry.

Just thought I'd let you know, I practiced on my chart yesterday working on the quiet eye technique. I also decided to try a mental blocker word "I am still" since one of my faults is starting to move the gun too soon or moving on the call. Also, "I am still" takes about 2 seconds for me to say when I say it calmly to myself. Anyway, I went to my local club this morning and smacked 49 from long yardage and felt very comfortable.

Thanks again for your help and thoughtful suggestions.

Doug.

Hi Terry.

I had my chart for two weeks and shot at an ATA shoot, my singles average increased by 5 points and my handicap average increased by 8 points. This is a quality product and if you use the wall chart and follow the instructions there is no way your scores won’t increase. Thanks again Terry and I am looking forward to meeting you in the Fall in Missouri.

Dick Moore Florida

I received my Wall Chart from Terry in February of this year. Wow what a difference I feel when making my move to the target. Smooth as I could ever expect and then some. I shot my first ATA since getting it, 100 straight in singles, 99 in handicap from 25.5 yards. Thanks for the yard! Scott McKinnon.

11. snowbird

snowbird TS Member

A lot of my customers knew I had a heart attack in Dec. and I was waiting for angioplasty on May 7 th. I had a chance to go in a week earlier last Friday. They fixed two arteries that were 95% & 70% blocked with stints. I have 100% flow through those blocked areas now.

It is amazing technology that they can leave you awake, feeling no pain and talk to you when they are inside your heart fixing it. It took over an hour and you had lots of time staring at the ceiling praying to God that they get it fixed right. I think in the future I will try to eat better and try to keep my cholesteral down to normal levels.

Thanks to everyone for the best wishes it was a scary time.

Terry.

12. shannon391

shannon391 Active Member

Terry,

I shot on your squad a few time at Mason last season and was very impressed with how smoothly you inkball the 16yrd target.

I'm happy to hear you are doimg well.

Shannon

13. snowbird

snowbird TS Member

Hi Shannon.

I am hoping I can get back shooting in Michigan by the Great Lakes Grand if I get the Dr's ok.

Thanks.

Terry.

14. shotgunpeople

shotgunpeople Active Member

Terry,

When we received your, letter it was great news !!!

Our best to both you and Nancy, and we hope to see you soon.

Dave & Judy in SC

15. snowbird

snowbird TS Member

e-mails

Hi Terry.

I have your chart up and love it. It is helping me a lot. It is the best system I know of. It helps build moves the correct way and it also helps you see mistakes that you may be making and gives you a chance to focus on ways to fixing them. I am a believer!

My best regards,
    Sincerely,
    Stephen

16. birdtracker

birdtracker Active Member

The chart is definitly one of the best for bang for the buck in this game. It will give you more targets than anything you spend your money on. After a shoulder surgery I could only do 5 gun mounts at a time. 1 1/2 years later, I shot 200 targets on a saturday and followed that with 200 the following sunday.In between those was alot of wall chart use. You won't be dissappointed. Birdtracker

17. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

Good luck Terry- it was good to get your emails yesterday

regards from Iowa

Gene Nosco

18. snowbird

snowbird TS Member

Birdtracker is being far too modest. He broke his first 100 and went on to run a 199x200 in 16 yards in the Mid-American Singles Championship at Middletown Ohio.

Middletown is a great club but it is hard to shoot that kind of score there. That is an amazing comeback from a shoulder injury. I am glad the wall chart helped you get back to shooting and best of luck in the future.

Congratulations on a great score!

Terry.

19. laura!

laura! Member

If space isn't an issue, is there much of an advantage getting the larger chart?

20. snowbird

snowbird TS Member

Hi Laura.

I think there is an advantage in a large room I recommend it. The 10 footer looks real big on the wall and it is like watching a larger tv. The size of it really makes you feel like you are standing there on a real trap range.

Terry.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

terry jordan trap wall shooting chart

trap shooting wall chart