1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.

Wall Chart

Discussion in 'For Sale' started by snowbird, Nov 1, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. snowbird

snowbird TS Member

0   0   0

I continue to get letters from Wall Chart customers saying how much they learned about the trap game and how to fix their shooting problems from the write-up and pictures that come with the chart. Several shooters including a Lawyer from Florida told me the write-up was worth the price of the chart.

A 20 page booklet on how to shoot trap and how to use the chart comes with the Wall Chart. It gets into detail on the "head game" and how to block unwanted thoughts on the trap line. It contains several pictures on gun holds and other related material on soft focus and where to look on the real field. It has several other pages on pattern height etc. and has another ten pages of customers testimonials on how much the chart and info helped them. I have other material that has helped shooters struggling setting releases that is available on request.

As much as this e-mail package of info helps sell charts my point is it is "FREE" to any shooter wanting it regardless whether you ever plan to buy a chart or not. Shooters who are struggling that do not have room for a chart will benefit from studying the method and doing lots of gun lifts at home. Shooters should just dry fire with a snap cap on a few real targets in their next practice round it will give you a surprising result on jerky gun movements.

Several junior coaches came up to me this year at shoots where the chart was on display and told me how much it has helped their teaching programs. One coach at this year's Grand said, "Terry before we used the Wall Chart our new kids would hit about 10 to 12 out of 25. After we got the chart and worked with them a few times on proper stance and where to look etc. they would hit in the 20 to 21 area in their first round of trap. He was amazed with the results and that is very typical of the results other coaches tell me about.

I tell them all that the e-mail (now available in a pdf. file) info package is free to pass on the all of their students or friends. I would guess with all the student coaches there is well over 2500 shooters using Wall Charts

Any Sport you can think of like Baseball, Hockey or Golf players do all kinds of work away from the real game to make the actual game better. Trap is the same, gun lifts at home and reading how to do it properly will greatly help your real game.

Terry Jordan.
  2. Beni

Beni TS Member

0   0   0

Terrys system works period...beni
  3. Clayshooter08

Clayshooter08 Member

0   0   0

Buy one, but most IMPORTANTLY use it!!! You will improve...
  4. Beni

Beni TS Member

0   0   0

The Jordan wall chart works for me for alot of reasons. I can go home from work and make 50 gun mounts ,50 moves to a bird and have 50 trigger pulls all from my own garage. I use it about everyother night and really like the fact Im saving money by not shooting real targets or shells. Also i like that if I make a poor move or a sloppy follow throuh I just stop for a moment, restart my routine and hit my target. You can work on a stance just for you,as you will not be screwing anyone up on the line. Ive also had some success this year, I won my doubles class at two different Garands got my first two punches on caps both champion wins and shot my first 100 straight. All it takes is practice cant wait for next season, heres to a great product and more success Beni
  5. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

0   0   0

Geez, the inside of the garage door!!! I never considered it...
  6. snowbird

snowbird TS Member

0   0   0

Hi Guys thanks for the comments.

One thing that every trapshooter should do regularly is when you are shooting a practice round just shoot one station or at about 5 targets at random with a empty hull in the barrel.

Get your whole squad of guys that want to be better shooters to try it as a training drill. This bit of info is a real eye opener, if you try it it will be a game changing event in your trapshooting career. It is worth doing in several rounds in a row regularly and you will learn something instead of just shooting more targets.

I do it regularly and it is hard for me unless I have been doing lots of dry firing not to get into a recoil type jerk when you pull or release the trigger on a real target. When I am really into Wall Chart drills I can do this without any type of flinch at all.

It is not a problem that you need my Wall Chart to fix, dry firing regularly on spots on your wall will work just fine. Of course I need to say that doing it on a wall chart is by far the best and most realistic way to fix that recoil jerk reaction.

Try that drill as soon as you can and come back here and tell us here how you made out dry firing on a real target. It will make for great conversation that other shooters here will learn a lot from.

Terry.
  7. Beni

Beni TS Member

0   0   0

I took black plastic drop cloth,stapled it on the wall, hung my chart as prescribed and cut another piece of the plastic to use as a cover. I leave my chart up all the time. beni
  8. bcnu

bcnu Active Member

0   0   0

That wall chart and a clinic or two did wonders for my shooting. Had to stop shooting after 07 but kept my new sparta chart for when I get to start back up again. The very best trapshooting for the price that money can buy. Howdy Terry. John Johnston
  9. snowbird

snowbird TS Member

0   0   0

Hi John.

I was kind of looking for you at the Fall handicap, I wondered where you were the last couple years. I knew you were changing jobs and might be not shooting for awhile.

Terry.
  10. KENENT1

KENENT1 Active Member

0   0   0

I shot my first 100 straight on my chart last night!

tony
  11. snowbird

snowbird TS Member

0   0   0

Hi Tony.

I know what you mean, after laying off most of the winter it would take me several weeks of trying in January to actually think I hit a 100 on the chart.

You would always know that the 100 moves you just did had a few poor gun points that would have been losses on a real round of 100.

When working out usually got me 200's 199's or 100's at the my first shoot of the year in Florida I knew it was time well spent.

Only about out a dozen guys have taken me up on the "Free info pdf file" The ones that did were really happy with it.

Terry.
  12. snowbird

snowbird TS Member

0   0   0

On a different subject.

I shoot a lot of Green Dot and have for years I use it a lot out of STS cases with the Downrange 12S3 wad and a Win primer.

I use 19.3 grains in my 16 yard and 2 nd shot of doubles loads. For handicap I use 20.5 grains.

Kevin Lewis Plt. Mgr. of Downrange thought I was off base a bit using this brew and said he would test them for me, We are good friends and I like his product, downrange tested them for speed and pressure and I have all those results on pdf files. They were all surprised that both loads were fine pressure wise and shot very consistant speeds.

On the 20.5 load low 1221 fps high 1245 fps Av pressure 10,500 (6 more same brew) low 1229 fps hi 1245 fps and Av presuure 10,318. A 24 foot variation in speed and 16 fps on the last batch. I find that load fairly soft to shoot and always feels very consistant with good breaks.

The 19.3 load was: Low 1192 fps. Hi 1223 fps. Av pressure 10,148. A 31 foot dev. I have shot this brew a lot at 19 grns. too, it is probably better 16 yard load at 19 grns.

I have hit great scores with these loads and you never get a cocked wad as the 12S3 has so many rings in the base it always goes in the shell straight. I never buy any other wads now as I really like the results with these.

I shoot a lot of Federal cases too with the same 12S3 wads and Win/primers but I up the powder charge to 21 grains. It works great too. I don't have the crono info on it but it breaks 25 from 27 yards regularly and is usually my favorite handicap load.

I have all the info on pdf files if anyone wants to see them.

Terry.
  13. kene

kene TS Member

0   0   0

Just read thru Terry's pdf document that he talked about in the first post of this thread. Really seems to make a lot of sense to me -- several things to work on in the warmth of my garage this winter in prep for next spring's shoots.
  14. Beni

Beni TS Member

0   0   0

Hey Terry, how do I get to the pdf?? beni
  15. snowbird

snowbird TS Member

0   0   0

Just give me your e-mail address.

Terry.
  16. ClayBurst

ClayBurst TS Member

0   0   0

Terry was kind enough send me a copy of his 20 page booklet. It has many worthwhile shooting and training tips.

Now I need figure out where I can fit a wall chart!

Thanks Terry

Dave
  17. SongDogSniper

SongDogSniper Member

0   0   0

Terry--

Thank you for sending out this pdf. Interesting read and will add a few things to the "tool" box.

Need to find a place for this chart in the club house for the younsters next AIM/SCTP season!!!!

Thanks Again!!!
  18. snowbird

snowbird TS Member

0   0   0

Some guys made frames for the smaller chart out of pvc. plumbing pipe so they could hang it up or store it when it was not in use.

Terry.
  19. clayshooter555

clayshooter555 TS Member

0   0   0

Just want to add my thanks for sending the pdf file yesterday. This is a great condensed read on the issues that need to be top of mind before you call for the bird. Taking it to the range today. Thanks again for all you do for the sport and for those of us on the forum.
  20. snowbird

snowbird TS Member

0   0   0

Hi Clayshooter555.

Let me know how it works out. It will take awhile but a shooter needs to go to the line with a good pre-shot routine. Going to the line looking for your soft focus spot and using a blocker word is the only way to shoot trap.

I was hoping one of you guys would have tried my suggestion of dry firing on a few real targets at the trap range and got back here and told us how that worked out.

Thanks.

Terry.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.