1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

WALL CHART WITH LASERLYTE - FUN

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by E. Beaver, Jun 21, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. E. Beaver

E. Beaver Member

WALL CHART AND LASERLYTE

I recently received an LT-1 Laser Trainer, $79.95 and a BAK-1220-300, 12-20 Gauge Shotgun Adapter, $9.95 from Laserlyte. The LT-1 came with adapters to fit rifles and pistols with 3” or longer barrels from .22 to .50 calibers. The LT-1 also came with a reflector target made up of 24 one-inch squares. I had some difficulty finding the 12-20 Gauge Shotgun Adapter but there is a picture of one in the center of page 18 in their catalog.

The steady on/off holder can be used as a bore sight and the sound activated holder can be used for dry fire practice. Batteries were included for both holders.

I set up the system to work with my trap wall chart. The laser pulse is as best I can tell instantaneous and if you have your comb up so your gun shoots high the laser pulse will be above the dots. To get the laser pulse to hit the “dots” I lowered the comb so that the gun was a flat shooter. I had to rotate the unit a little to bring the dot on center. To further enhance the feedback I cut out and put 1” square reflectors from the supplied target over the dots. When “hit” the reflectors really light up.

Another option would be to leave the gun shooting high and put the reflector squares where the target would be broken. But then, you would have a dot, a reflector and a target. Might be a bit much.

Also added a small electrical tape tab part way round the sound activated battery holder to ease its installation and removal.

Unless you are very smooth while opening and closing your gun the laser light up.
    If you use an over and under you will get two shots for each opening and closing.
    The batteries are good for 3,000 shots and are available on the net.

My order directly from Laserlyte was filled promptly and they have loads of interesting items in their catalog.

For me the big advantage of this system is that I can readily see the results of my lead and make the necessary corrections. Previously I never knew where my lead actually was. The system is fun and makes practice more interesting.

Charlie

2. E. Beaver

E. Beaver Member

Now for a slimplified verson:

If you have a wall chart or are thinking about getting one here is a system that will add excitement and feedback for less than $100.00

Put a sound activated Laserlyte device (Laserlyte.com) in the end of your shotgun barrel. When you pull the trigger the laser flashes and hits your chart with an instant red dot. A reflective target is supplied and can be cut up and put over the wall chart “dots” and gives a very bright flash when hit.

Remember as you swing your gun, look at the target and if your lead it correctly you will hit the dot seeing it out of the corner of your eye.

Charlie

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.