1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Wall Chart & results from winter workouts

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by snowbird, Mar 18, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. snowbird

snowbird TS Member

I wanted to give special thanks to Frank Hoppe. He is a great shot and a fine writer, his articles in Trap & Field are very good. He wrote in this March's Trap & Field about getting out of shape in the winter and the value of working out and doing lots of gun lifts to prepare for your upcoming season. He said get your Terry Jordan Wall Charts out and do lots of gun lifts to get your strength back and your smooth move. He really tells you the importance of gun lifts to prepare for upcoming events.

I shot very good at the Missori Fall Handicap with a 200 in 16 yards and 498x500 in 16 yards. I shot a 98-99-100 in doubles. Since that shoot I have only shot one turkey shoot, one day in our interclub league and three practices before I came to Florida for the Southern Grand. I did over 1000 documented moves each month on the chart in January and February. I felt ready with that many moves with the gun and I was confident as that same method produced good results many other years down here. When you sell a product you want to shoot respectable scores but using the chart all winter saves some cash for Florida and I trust it to get me ready.

I was aware I was 400 straight registered from last fall and I hit 100 in the first 16 yard event here. The chart had worked it's magic again. It never surprises me now as that has happened other years too hitting 100 in the first event after laying off all winter. I won AAA Class Runner-up on Monday's 16's by hitting 99 the next day in the carryover, slipped to a 98 on Wednesday but hit the 200 on very tough targets on Saturday. I ended up winning AAA Class on the Singles Championship. I never shot a doubles target in practice here and none since last Fall in Missouri. I hit 44 to start then a 48 in the first event for a 92. After that a 48-48 for a 96, a 48-49 for a 97, a 46-50 for 96 and a 48-49 for another 97. I did a huge amount of doubles drills on the chart and it worked it's magic there too.

I am trying to learn a different gun for handicap and I shot lots of good halfs but no good scores here at all. In every event I put a good score with a lower one, I shot a 49-42 the last day in handicap and that was the way the whole week went in caps.

The Wall Chart method and regular daily workouts got the good results, you can't lay off shooting all winter and hit those kind of scores with talent. There were quite a few other chart users here doing very well too, several of the hot sub-juniors have them and they got great results. Another chart user from Ohio and one from New York hit two 100's here and they both said, "man that chart works, I really felt smooth"

Two of the greatest shooters in the country, Phil Kiner and Harlan Campbell put the Wall Chart in there new trap shooting videos which I highly recommend that you buy. I learned things from both of them. Get good instruction from these guys and a chart to work out regularly on and the results you want are there for the taking.

Terry.

2. colobiggun

colobiggun Active Member

How about some info on where to order and the price?

3. Beretta687EELL

Beretta687EELL Well-Known Member

Colobiggun, Here is a link to Terry's website. The secret of the chart is to use it. Great tool and a great guy. Bill Malcolm

4. snowbird

snowbird TS Member

Hi Colobiggun.

I have a few with me here in Florida, I could ship out some but basicly I am on holidays. My son and grandkids arrive later today and next week I will be very busy shooting the State Shoot.

Wall chart cost.

The ten foot model is $170, that price includes the ex/post shipping. I just take cheques ( to Terry Jordan) right now or a money order is fine (important use the International money order), one that I can cash here in Canada), most people just send a personal check. Mail to Canada is about 20 cents more than a typical letter mailed within the US. I need you to e-mail me your full address and phone number. I will ship it to you right away and trust that your check will arrive later. If you need any more information I will be glad to phone you.

The Wall Chart comes in two sizes, the standard 10 foot wide model that makes up 80 % of my sales and a smaller 8 foot wide model (at $145 US. includes shipping). I use the 10 footer from about 15 feet from the wall it is on for most of my dry-firing. I recommend if you can’t stand 15 or 16 feet from the wall your chart is on that you get the smaller 8 foot model. The smaller 8 footer is very nice from 12 feet away and can be used as close as 9 ½ feet from the wall it is on. I really like the 8 foot model and it has become very popular with shooters, in the last month it has equaled the 10 footer in sales. I put small grommets in the charts making them easy to hang up with small tacks or nails.

Thanks.

Terry Jordan

11 Nelson St.

St. Thomas

519-631-7842

5. ontariogal

ontariogal Member

Congratulations Terry on your stellar performance at the Southern!!
    b.

6. biff

biff Active Member

Great shooting Terry! Your chart really works and your shooting at the Dollar is testament that it does, I think the targets there look easy but are hard to break! I watched you shoot at the Ohio State Shoot and you were sooo smoothe, how many 100 straights did you break there last summer?

I use my chart every day and I call my moves "Hail Terrys"! I can't say enough about how much your chart has helped my shooting! Now if you could only get Ontariogal to use her chart that would be a real challenge. Biff

7. snowbird

snowbird TS Member

Hi Biff.

I hit 498x500 in 16 yards at your State Shoot last year. I hit the 200 there on Saturday in the Singles Championships. I went out in the first shootoff round there, same in Missouri in that 200 and out first round in the 200 down here. There is something the chart is lacking it can't be me. lol.

Terry.

8. ontariogal

ontariogal Member

Now now dear Biffy - you know very well that your persistent nagging, er, i mean diligent coaching, has gotten me "hail terrying" more in the last 6 months than in the 2 previous years in which i've merely been longingly admiring it as wall art - and yes, it does work!

(now if i can just get dialed into my new r/r twigger on live targets without getting blinded by the snow......)

b.

9. Blakester

Blakester TS Member

I got my Son a Terry Jordan chart about a month ago and we had been doing 100 rounds each and ever night, and my Son had been in a bad slump. From the practicing and getting smooth and not flinching he started climbing back up rapidly in the high 80's. Last week we did not use the wall chart any because of lots of homework and youth revival, so we went to the club and shot last night and broke a 73. I believe in these charts but you have to use them.
    THANK YOU TERRY JORDAN ; RICKY and BLAKE THOMPSON

10. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

Good shootin Terry!! I recall earlier in the winter you saying you were going to use your practice chart more! Pays off big time huh? Congrats on some mighty fine shooting guy! Hap

11. shotgunpeople

shotgunpeople Active Member

Congrats Terry. You already know how much the chart helped Judy and me.

Going to pick Judy up in May and take her to the South Carolina State Shoot. Then I have to come back home and keep trying to sell the ranch so I can be with her down south for good. Judy has been doing good at the Mid-Carolina shoots, wish I were not still soveling snow. She loves that club, and I don't know if I'll ever be able to drag her back north for the summers.

Tell Nancy we said Hi !!!

Dave (Still) in NY

Tell Nancy

12. florin

florin TS Member

Congratulations Terry - awesome shooting!!

We're overwhelmed here with work but I managed to check the web every so often... and we are so proud of your shooting!

See you back home.

Florin

13. florin

florin TS Member

oh, and please check your email :)

14. blade819

blade819 Well-Known Member

Terry - It was great meeting you and sorry about the shoot-off. But, considering, I think you shot great. I'm re-dedicating myself to using your chart daily. When and if you ever want to hook up to explore my "idea" that I explained to you for modifying your chart just drop me an email. We're bound to sell a few.

John G.

15. shubble72

shubble72 TS Member

Will these be available at the grand this year?

16. snowbird

snowbird TS Member

Hi Shubble72.

I sell them by mail order only. I usually make sure I have some with me at shoots but I go to the Grand to shoot it. That may change but I have no plans to sell them in a booth.

Terry.

17. trapshooter80805

trapshooter80805 TS Member

good shooting Terry

Delbert & Shane Richardson

18. radeck

radeck Member

Heard these were great. Check in the mail. Thank you.

19. shotgunpeople

shotgunpeople Active Member

As I was telling a buddy of mine last week, I owe my being able to continue to shoot trap to two people. First to Sparrow Young, recognized as the man to first come up with the concept of the release trigger. The second is Terry Jordan, the man who came up with a way for me to get use to my release trigger when I first got it. I had a terrible flinching problem as Terry will attest to. With Terry''s chart I was able to practice with my release and get used to it without endangering anyone on the trap field. I either had to learn to use the release, or get out of shooting.

I can't say enough about how much that chart helped me get comfortable when I was converting to the release. Many hours of practice at my convenience made the conversion a breeze, and a lot less costly not paying for targets and shells.

Thanks Terry !!! Dave

20. snowbird

snowbird TS Member

The Wall Charts have sold very well this month, I sold all the ones I brought with me to Florida and I am about 6 orders behind when I get back home.

Regards.

Terry.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.