1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

walking shoes

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by jakearoo, Jul 24, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jakearoo

jakearoo Active Member

I get sore feet from lots of walking. I find that not only in trapshooting but in daily life I am often walking a lot. I would love some suggestions on brands or types of shoes which are good for walking and can be used both with jeans and business attire. Some good plain black shoes which are designed to be decent looking and serviceable and comfortable for walking is the quest. Suggestions?

2. GoeWise

GoeWise Member

SAS are very comfortable shoes.

3. wolfram

wolfram Well-Known Member

I really like the 8" lacers by Justin. These won't work with formal attire but they do look good with jeans. The things I like about the Justin lacers include a very soft cushioned sole, great ankle support and they protect your feet and ankles from rocks and brush. (perhaps not important if you are in the city)

4. Barrelbulge(Fl)

Barrelbulge(Fl) TS Supporters TS Supporters

I have a pair of SAS and they are comfortable. Bulge.

5. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

I get along very well with the Dr. Scholl from Walmart (UGh, sorry). comfy and durable at at nice price. The gel pad insoles are very foot friendly.

HM

6. nspktr1

nspktr1 TS Member

I've beeen wearing Red Wings for years. They look good with slacks as well as jeans. I have two pairs, one black and one brown. They are guarnteed for ever.

7. BDodd

BDodd TS Member

I've had several years of sore feet from job and walking. Now retired but have discovered Brooks shoes from the Seattle area and they are heavy into running, sport, and walking shoes. Their Addiction Walker model has saved my ability to walk distances, stand and tell fibs at trapshoots for much longer than usual, and even do the walking at sporting events in comfort. They are stable and cushioned such that they are a savior for me. They are in the $100 range and can be had on the internet and where running/sport shoes are featured. Getting the right size also helped a ton - I was one of those that needed 12 B size but sales folks kept equipping me with 11 Ds because they didn't stock narrows or deal in shoes that had narrow sizes.....breakemall.....:Bob Dodd

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.