1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Walkers Game Ears

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Bird30, Mar 23, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bird30

Bird30 TS Member

I would like to know from shooters who have them if they are as good as they say they are. I am Industrial deaf and need better hearing and I like the fact that they cut off at 90 DB's.

Dave

PS. How is the battery life?

2. wireguy

wireguy TS Member

I used a pair a friend had one day and I was pleased with how much louder conversation and nature sounds were as compared to my Pro Ears.

3. Johnny

Johnny Well-Known Member

I have used them for years, got both on ebay for a good price, one was new and the other factory reconditioned. I have the Game Ear 2. The models may have changed since I bought mine . They work well and you will get a high NRR. One point I like is the foam plugs instead of a molded insert that can lose it's seal. The company wants to sell the foam plug and tube together and that is too expensive. I use EAR yellow plugs as replacements. The tubes can be purchased from a hearing aid dealer online cheap and reused. I mash the plug flat and use a common leather punch tool to make a hole. When it expands I use contact cement to attach a new plug to the tube. I keep several spares in my bag. Battery like is like a hearing aid. Batteries are cheap enough and common. I think they are a great.

wireguy, I also have ProEArs. On the model I have, I can remove the foam seal to expose the guts. The circuit board has a jumper that can be moved over to increase the amplification. They have several models, not sure how many have that feature. The company does tell you that, I figured it out myself. They sold two models that really only differed in the amount of amplification. Game Ears are better.

4. wireguy

wireguy TS Member

Yea Johnny, I already jumpered mine but I'm so deaf it only gets them into OK territory. The Walkers were impressive to me.

5. Bird30

Bird30 TS Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.