1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Walkers Game Ears - any opinions?

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by Porcupine, Jul 7, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Porcupine

Porcupine Active Member

Between loud guns, loud 1960's music and (dare I say) a loud spouse, I have 'diminished hearing'. This can be a serious detriment in the field for me, especially when turkey hunting. Has anyone used Walkers Game Ears in the field? The ad claims to incease hearing 5X to 7X. Thanks.

LA in MA

2. JerryP

JerryP Active Member

I have used The Game Ear 2 on the trap line. They work well. You'll get amplication and blast protection along with the NRR of a foam plug. They also make a Tactical Game Ear with even more amplication. The down side is the they want too much for the foam plugs. If you are handy though, you can make your own ,cheap.

3. ivanhoe

ivanhoe Well-Known Member

It depends on the degree of hearing loss you have. I have a profound hearing loss and walkers game ear 2 or 10 won't help me in the field.

Bob Lawless

4. School Teacher

School Teacher Well-Known Member

I no longer deer hunt as my hunting partner passed away three years ago.

The last year I hunted, I wore my high quality hearing aids with the hope of improving my hunting. It was very windy and, facing into the wind, I got a lot of wind noise in my ears so I took them out.

We each harvested large 8 pointers that day out of the same stand. He took his in the morning at first light and I took mine right at dusk. Each deer dressed out over 175 pounds and we were happy.

That day was magical as he saw several bucks and held out for an 8 pointer. It was so dark when I took mine that all I could make out was a tall rack. The deer dropped within 25 yards of my stand. That was our last hunt together.

I believe that on a still frosty morning when the leaves are dry and crisp that a device that enhances your hearing would be a plus.

Ed Ward

5. slic lee

slic lee Active Member

On all of them- wind noise wow what is that-crack thats only a branch breaking-leaves rustling in the wind all of those and everything else you have to get used to. If you can somewhere try out anykind.

6. wireguy

wireguy TS Member

I am afflicted with Hard Uv Hearing (HUH?) myself. I tried a pair of these and was impressed by the volume and clarity. They offered way more volume than my (much older) Pro Ears.

7. acss

acss Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

EAR inc--they make the best molded ear amplification and noise cutoff ! way more money but longterm -the best

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.