1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

walk off the line

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by tracyhunter, Apr 24, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tracyhunter

tracyhunter Member

If you walk to the line and ,for what ever reason, don't like what you see, can you walk off the line and re squad?

2. V10

V10 Well-Known Member

What do you mean "don't like what you see?"

3. slick50

slick50 Member

I've walked off the line many times for the following reasons. Machine throwing Continious broken targets, Lightning, the semi-auto next to me pelting me with ejected shells, speaker problems, poorly thrown targets, scoring problems. Just to name a few.

4. Calkidd

Calkidd Well-Known Member

4. When a contestant voluntarily withdraws from, or is otherwise
    disqualified, and takes no further part in a sub-event after having fired
    at 1 or more targets of a sub-event and does not fire at all the targets
    in the sub-event, the referee/scorer shall rule all targets not fired upon
    “LOST” targets and they shall be scored and reported accordingly.
    When the shooter is prevented by reasons beyond his/her control
    from completing a sub-event, the scores for that partial sub-event
    shall not be recorded or reported. Example: shooters have shot
    61 targets of a 100-target event when a storm permanently stops
    shooting. The management should report the scores for the first 50
    targets only; or

5. Ahab

Ahab Well-Known Member

As quoted by CaKid ... if you simply walk off ... you are done!

IF there is a problem, call for a Judge or Referee and state your problem ... they will either fix the problem or resquad you.

6. Calkidd

Key word is if you fired one shot. Once you start that event and fire even one round, when you walk off you have either 99 LOST or 100 LOST depedning if you hit that first target.

Bryan

7. tracyhunter

tracyhunter Member

calkidd, i understand that rule, i am asking about before anyone has fired a shot.the scorer has not even got in the chair.can you change your mind and walk off the line and shoot at a different time?

8. Calkidd

Oh, heck yeah. But like someone mentioned above what do you mean if you don't like what you see?

Bryan

9. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

At that point I think it may be up to shoot management. I would think if you had a legit reason it wouldn't be a problem.

10. scott calhoun

scott calhoun Well-Known Member

CaliKid -

Only one correction - when you walk off after shooting at least one target you are only scored on the targets remaining in that sub-event (typically 25 for singles/handicap and 50 for doubles). You do not get a score of 0 if you do not start/participate in a sub-event.

Scott

11. Calkidd

Yes, thanks. That was copied from the ATA rule book, but I misunderstood in my follow up post. Thank you for the correction.

Bryan

12. tracyhunter

tracyhunter Member

Is there a rule covering this?I can't find it in the ATA book.

13. mag410

mag410 Active Member

"i understand that rule, i am asking about before anyone has fired a shot.the scorer has not even got in the chair.can you change your mind and walk off the line and shoot at a different time? "

Once you have paid your entry and are assigned a squad, if you decide not to shoot on your assigned squad, it is shoot management's decision as to whether you will be allowed to shoot on another squad. It is also management's decision as to whether to refund your entry if they decide to not let you shoot.

Sometimes it is specified in the program that you can shoot a missed round on the practice trap, but that if you miss more than X rounds, to bad too sad.

Why? Because otherwise the yahoos would decide, the wind is blowing I will shoot later, the clouds are out I will shoot later, it is raining I will shoot later etc etc.

Michael

14. tracyhunter

tracyhunter Member

OK,lets go at this a different way.Is management obligated to tell you the classification of the shooters on the sheet before you sign up to shoot?

15. TEXASZEPHYR

TEXASZEPHYR Member

16. Just-A-Shooter

Just-A-Shooter Member

Tracy,
    Why not just cut to the chase? What was the problem? It sounds to me like you did not like who you were squaded with.

17. Dickgshot

Dickgshot Well-Known Member

I would say the answer is no. If shooters were allowed to resquad just because they felt like it, no one would shoot in the wind, rain, poor visibilty,
    etc.

18. tracyhunter

tracyhunter Member

just-a-shooter, your right, i am a s/vet and i like to shoot with other s/vets.

19. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

tracyhunter,

Without trying to sound like a butt, the reason you have for wanting to resquad is not really a legit reason and is one of the reasons shoots don't get started on time. The people doing the squadding have no obligation to tell you who they are squadding you with if you come in by yourself. My advice would be to find four other like minded shooters to make up your squad before coming in to squad. Shoot management will usually always be happy to squad you all together given you are all there together when it is time to squad.

20. wolfram

wolfram Well-Known Member

Tracy, you can resquad for a variety of reasons - genrally there will be a fee for that. You don't want to wait until your assigned squad is taking the line to make this decision because by that time it may not be possible.

Then there is such a thing as adding to or distracting from the harmony of the shoot. If you are good guy ,the kind that brings a joke and a few smiles to the squad, then you will shoot where they put you and probably make a few new friends adding to the harmony of the shoot. If you are a whiney little twit that tries to make others feel as if they aren't good enough to be squadded with your greatness , well then that may not be the image you want people to remember.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.