1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

WAL MART shells***********

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by hounddog41@charter.net, Dec 15, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hounddog41@charter.net

hounddog41@charter.net Member

Stopped at WalMart in Hermantown Minn tonight and almost craped my pants. AA shells were priced at $7.57. The cheapy winchester shells were now over $23.00 for a 4 pack. WOW. Wont be long and they will price everyone out of the sport. alex

2. shotgunr47

shotgunr47 Member

Wal-Mart near Salt Lake City, Winchester Universals are now 23.88 up from 16.97. Over a 40.5% increase. They still had some of the Fed. 4 packs for 16.97. Not complaining too much,nothing we can do about it anyway but I do agree that a lot of people, some good shots too will be forced out and the excitement of the competitive spirit will dwindle some. I personally hope some things will change to make our sport affordable and keep it so. Also, I'm the type that will keep shooting and competing as long as I have any money at all including my credit cards. I've had to quit too many times in the past and I'll keep finding ways to make ends meet somehow. Hope we all can do the same. Sorry for the rant; I don't do it very often. Hang in there and "Never say die". LOL

Frozen in Utah-shotgunr47- Jeff Jolley

3. BMC

BMC Member

If you like the Federals, ask the department manager to order you more and they will honor the current price that you ordered them at. I've got 10 cases coming for $3.88 a box. Sounds like a really good deal these days.

4. trackerdan

trackerdan Member

Yeah , I got some real sticker shock on 3" .410's the other day. Looks like my rem 1100 .410 lightweight just became a wall hanger.

I've noticed the two local wal marts here have restocked the Federals for the $16.XX price for the time being. I'm buying like there going out of style.

5. glenn mcleod

glenn mcleod Member

Trackerdan, Are you using them for trap or sporting clays? Do they compare with the "Top Gun"Federal shell? glenn

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.