1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Wal-Mart shells

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by DON1911, Oct 13, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DON1911

DON1911 Member

Local Wal-Mart has Federal Target Loads 3 dram/ 1 oz./8's priced at $4.77 a box. They have Federal 2 3/4 dram/ 1 1/8 oz /7 1/2's at $5.47. Just wondering if anyone is finding 2 3/4 dram/ 1 oz./ 7 1/2 OR 8's priced at $4.77 at the Wal-Mart nearest you? thanks for any feed back ...DON1911

2. BudsterXT

BudsterXT Member

All ya need are 1 oz of #8's.

Kenny

3. Dickgshot

Dickgshot Well-Known Member

Walmart was carrying the Winchester Supertarget 2 3/4 dram 1 ounce 7 1/2 and 8's for a while - the same price as all their 3 dram loads. It appears that they're not carrying that shell anymore in North Carolina.

4. mallard2

mallard2 Active Member

All you need is one ounce of 8's, but you don't need 3 dram. I see the question and have looked for the 2 3/4 dram sale shells myself.

Don't know why anyone would want a one ounce 3 dram. Defeats the low recoil purpose.

5. DON1911

DON1911 Member

Thanks for feed back, that's what I'm hunting for 2 3/4 drams of either 7 1/2 or 8's of 1 ozers. I sure don't need the recoil! DON1911

6. Joe Potosky

Joe Potosky Well-Known Member

I saw 2 3/4 drams but they went quick. Just yesterday they had the 3 drams for the stated price. Looks like in my store they restock the shelfs about once every three weeks or so.

7. dead on 4

dead on 4 Well-Known Member

Never seen the 2-3/4 dram 1oz in the SoCal Walmarts, they stock 3-1/4 1oz 1290fps now selling for $5.35 a box up from $4.67 March of this year. They also sell the 1-1/8 3 dram in four packs. The last time I priced these which was a number of months ago, they were $21.something for a four pack.

Surfer

8. 391 shooter

391 shooter Well-Known Member

Florida has got'em also

9. Martinpicker

Martinpicker Active Member

I bought a couple dozen boxes of those 1 oz. Federal Top Gun shells for $4.77 a box. I bet I averaged one misfire per box. Went to my local gunsmith with my guns and the misfired shells, which had nicely centered deep dents in the primers. He said the fault was not in either of my guns, but was the steel primers. I wrote Federal about the problem and just received a response by letter this week with a promise of compensation to come. We will see...
    Martinpicker

10. dead on 4

dead on 4 Well-Known Member

In the spring of 2009, I bought ten flats of Remington Gun Clubs and experienced the same problem. Remington told me they had a number of complaints and were replacing the primers with the STS primers to solve the problem. Remington sent me a case of STS for my trouble.

Federal: My girlfriend and I have shot some 50,000 Federal 1oz 1290 fps and had maybe one or two primer failures if that. If in fact Federal is have a material problem with their primers, I see no reason way they won't stand behind teir product. I did have a couple of squashed shells one time and provided them with the production batch number and they sent me a couple of boxes.

If you're going to manfacture, you're going to problems now and then. It's the nature of the beast...........

Surfer

11. BIGDON

BIGDON Well-Known Member

It's a good buy and I buy 10 boxes everytime my wife drags me to Walmart. I use them for 1st shot of doubles. There is no noticiable difference in recoil than the 2 3/4. I have never had a failure in 4 flats.

Don

12. Terry_Maiden

Terry_Maiden TS Member

Those shells are loaded to 3 dram eq speeds to make them usable in all the old Browning A5s and Remington M11s still out in the dove fields. Everyone else can just put up with the extra kick...

TLM

13. bigdave35180

bigdave35180 TS Member

I buy the Top Gun 1 oz. loads here in central Alabama for $4.77 a box too...in shooting many flats of the 1oz. and 1 1/8 oz. Top Guns the last year I have never had a misfire or any other problems. What is so ridiculous about the whole deal is I always have to buy them by the box...they never seem to have them in a sealed flat...I bought 27 boxes the other day and the girl said they didnt have any in the back but the next day they had 25 more boxes on the shelf...so I bought them too......not long ago I had a box of AA target loads that had two shells with the primer that was inverted in the primer pocket...if I can find the shells I will take a picture of it and post here

14. Oregunner

Oregunner Well-Known Member

I just got back from the local Walmart and they had Remington Game Loads, 1 oz of #8s at 1290 fps for $5.00 a box. I bought all 58 boxes. Not only a good shell at a good price, but they reload well. Mark

15. Dave P

Dave P TS Supporters TS Supporters

In Canton,Il. you can't get crap if you are a trap shooter- Win. or Fed.s in 3 Dram only and in 7 1/2 or 8 at least. If you shoot pistol you have a great selection. Peoria sucks too.

16. gtrjames

gtrjames TS Member

I patterned the Wal Mart Federals on paper a few weeks ago and they just weren't consistent...some patterns good, some seemed to have shot missing from the shell.. The Remington shells I got from Wal-Mart were great... maybe I just got a bad batch of Federals.

17. DON1911

DON1911 Member

First,thank for all the feed back. I guess that NO Wal-Mart is selling 2 3/4, 1oz, 7 1/2 or 8's ,12 ga. for the $4.77 price (only 3 DR.,1 oz'ers) I've shoot approximately 600 and havn't had any problems,except more recoil than I like. Sure do like the price of $51.00 per flat though! DON1911

18. dirk

dirk Member

I too have shot the 1oz shells from Wal-Mart for $4.77 a box. Never a failure ant they positively crush first bird doubles. I buy all I can at that price. I just bought some in 7 1/2's as well as 8's. have shot them both and they have not disappointed me in any way. Please don't buy any, that's more for me......

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.