1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Wal-Mart Shells

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by paul7177, Aug 5, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. paul7177

paul7177 Member

Does anyone have a comment on the 100 round packages of "Federal Field and Target" and/or "Winchester Universal" shells that Wal-Mart sells?
    I wonder if the shot is as hard as in regular trap loads?

2. mixer

mixer Well-Known Member

You do your part and they will do theirs, no problem.

Eric

3. JBrooks

JBrooks TS Member

Remington and Winchester are able to sell these shells with very little margin because they make a good margin on the STS & AA with basically the same component cost.

That is why I really appreciate the guys shooting the $6.00 a box stuff.

4. lbshootin

lbshootin Active Member

Out here on the left coast the Federal's are $16 a brick, the Remingtons and Winchesters are $20 a brick..I have been shooting the Federal 8's at 1200fps, and love them..the Winchesters seem to leave more residue andsmell worse but hit OK..The Remington's hit OK too, but are just a buck cheaper than the STS/Premiers, so I buy them instead when the Feds are gone..The high dollar STS and AA's are $6 a box..It is usually a race on Thursdays to get into the local WALMART, as only 5 of the 12 stores in the area still carry ammo..Slowly but surely the laws in California are forcing the "MARTS" to stop selling ammo and supplies..they quit selling guns a couple of years ago..LB

5. jnoemanh

jnoemanh TS Member

Who cares how hard the shot is? They'll both break every target if you do your part. I prefer remington, but buy whichever is cheapest.

6. School Teacher

School Teacher Well-Known Member

I purchased 12 of the Federal Field and Target 100 packs in 3 dram 7 1/2 and tried one box at a 27 yard practice. They were at a Louisville, KY area Wal-Mart at about $17.00 per brick. Broke 24 of 25 and the one miss was my fault. They seem like a good shell and the recoil is manageable. The recoil is certainly no more than a STS 3 dram.

I wonder if the Field and Target shell is the same as the Top Gun and the Estate?

7. Sargentyork

Sargentyork TS Member

I've been told by a reliable source that they actually pattern better in some guns than the High Dollar AA's or Top Guns or even the gold metals. Some thing to do with the cheaper stiffer plastic in the wads I have shot them all and the cheap one break targets just as good if your on them your on them.

8. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

The remington ones are reloadable like the STS-

The Winchesters I wouldnt reload but as far as doing their part- if you do yours- I have shot a bunch of them over the years

regards from Iowa

Gene

9. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

I have shot all the party pacs, besides some poor smelling powders they have worked just as good as STS AA. All though The STS feed much better in my Auto.

10. Joe_13

Joe_13 TS Member

The federals are fine.
    Haven't had any problems with them or the Rems.

The Winchesters suck though. My 1100 has a hard time ejecting them.
    So I stay away.

The Federals are reliable and cheap. Go for it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.