1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Wal-Mart Shells on sale again? Black Friday?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Martinpicker, Nov 3, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Martinpicker

Martinpicker Active Member

Has anybody heard if Wal-Mart is going to put their shells on sale the day after Thanksgiving again this year? Last year they were selling the four box sleeves of shells for $18. Martinpicker

2. Joe Potosky

Joe Potosky Well-Known Member

I hope so. Picked up ten sleeves last year.

The prices posted at the shelf still had the $23 price tag. I grabbed a sleeve and did a scan and it showed the Black Friday price.

Keep and eye on Black Friday ads!

3. wayneo

wayneo Active Member

Don't know about Walmart, but last year Gander MT. opened up at 3:00 pm on Thanksgiving day and had great prices on handgun and rifle ammo.

Wayne

4. Martinpicker

Do we know when Wal-Mart puts Black Friday ads on line? Jack

5. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

I was picking up some shells at WalMart a few years ago, as I was loading them into my cart the Manager of Sporting goods came over and was reducing the price on the shells from $16.97 to $10.00 per 4 pkg ...I took every one they had in the store which was only as I recall about 70 pkgs ... I have never seen anything like that happen before or since ... I do not need any shells but I will wander over to my favorite place where, if they don't have it, you probably won't need it on Black Friday and try my luck ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

6. open choke

open choke TS Member

I bought a bunch last year. They had them over the weekend cause Friday is a mad house but its not a flat screen tv. I remember that the sale was the whole Black Friday weekend.

For me for 1 1/8 oz now I reload and I can reload my own for about the same. But I still may get some for skeet and sporting clays cause I don't like to shoot reloads through my semi cause I don't wanna pick up the hulls to reload and also if I have a blooper I feel safer looking down my o/u barrels to see there is no obstruction

7. ljutic73

ljutic73 Well-Known Member

I don't think Wal-Mart sells ammo in Canada....never been in the store personally but the website lists zero ammo of any kind...

Ron Burr

8. miketmx

miketmx Well-Known Member

Ron the Walmart in Calgary sells shotgun shells but you won't find a salesperson that has a clue. The nearby Canadian Tire Store has knowledgeable people and hunting supplies since the owner shoots in the trap league at Mossleigh. I had a shock a few days ago in Kalispell where the Walmart actually had some 2 3/4 dr loads. Usually they only stock the 1200 ft/sec shells.

9. MNGuns

MNGuns Member

Best score ever was a K-mart that advertised half off anything in the store. Found 22LR on sale for 99 cent a box, then half again off that. Left with a heaping cart full... ;)

10. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

They'd have to be giving them away for free before I'd consider braving the black friday crowds for shotgun shells. I usually drive by thanksgiving evening about 10pm to get a good chuckle out of the idiots that are going to stand in line overnight for something they don't need and will most likely be sold out by the time they get in (and could buy for a couple bucks more online and have it shipped to their front door).

11. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

Our local store usually only puts out a dozen boxes at any one time...I'm sure asking them for more from the "back" is going to be near impossible

12. ljutic73

ljutic73 Well-Known Member

Thanks Mike....I've not been in that south Canadian Tire store, but I'm told it's pretty good for shooters...

13. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

I called over and talked to the manager in the sporting goods dept, he said he was not sure if they were going to be closing out the shells or not ... I guess they get their notification with their previous order based on their on hand inventory ... More to come later, WPT ... (YAC) ...

PS ... Thanks for your support ...

14. LUGNUTZ426

LUGNUTZ426 TS Member

Black Friday flyer should be online next week. google black friday deals

15. Martinpicker

Thnks LUGNUTZ, That is what I was hoping to learn. Last year I cleaned out three local Wal-Marts the week after Thanksgiving. At $18 for a four box sleeve, I hope to do the same again this year! Martinpicker (p.s. I wish they carried 2&3/4 dram instead of 3 dram!)

16. Joe Potosky

Joe Potosky Well-Known Member

Received an on-line flyer.

Shells will be on sale, but no prices listed.

May have to wait for store flyers for pricing.

17. postmastertim

postmastertim Wheels are falling off.... TS Supporters

Doesn't look like the shells will be on sale this year.

Tim

18. LUGNUTZ426

LUGNUTZ426 TS Member

I like the 3 dram Federals for games and Sporting Clays. I don't mind the extra punch as I shoot an 1100. I too cleaned out a few local Wallmarts last year. I like the Remington throwaways in 20ga. For some reason the higher steel base on the 20ga Feds dont agree with my old 20ga 1100 and Wingmaster.

19. mag410

mag410 Active Member

No ammo in my local, NE Mississippi, Black Friday ad.

4 guns; Sig AR $867, Rossi .410 single-barrel $99, Savage 320 pump $169 (Chinese knock-off of a Win 1300), Ruger American Rifle .270 $337.

Michael

20. open choke

open choke TS Member

I don't believe they were in the Black Friday ad if I remember correctly. We went Saturday last year and I saw them on sale and it was for the whole weekend. Most of the Black Friday sales are 5 hrs long.

Dicks may have sales too. I know last year they had remmy 11-87 for like 450 out the door

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

walmart are gun shells on sell black friday

walmart shells for sale

will any ammo be on sale at walmart on black friday