1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Wal Mart shell prices

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Lyndon Shumaker, Jan 30, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lyndon Shumaker

Lyndon Shumaker Member

I don't shoot much in the winter. I was in the local wal mart here in OKC today and the price on AA's was 7.87 per box and Remington's at 6.74. wow, where is the end????? this will price people out of the sport.

lyndon shumaker

2. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

Federals at Wamart around here are priced at $5.22 per box (no sales tax).

Curt - Delaware

3. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

Stop it Jerry...you're gonna make me cry!!

Curt

P.S. I still have 2 flats of paper handicap 7-1/2's....don't really know what I'll do with them. Maybe I'll just shoot a box once in awhile to capture the smell.....

4. Grizzly

Grizzly TS Member

I remember the good ole days well. Federal Papers were $1.50 a box and AA's were $2.00 I wouldn't shoot anything but Paper 8's, the old Model 12 loved them. You could buy a 20 box case for 30 bucks. I would shoot reloads on matches but when it came time for the 50 bird race it was Paper 8's (shot was $4.00 a bag). Sure would have been nice to have been able to see into the future huh! I guess that's why they say that hindsight is 20/20.

Hope all you guys who are still in the game come summer,,,,,have a GREAT year!

Grizzly Adams

5. incognito

incognito TS Member

When shells were $1.50 a box, entry level jobs paid about $1.50 and hour. Now shells are $7.50 a box and entry level jobs pay about $7.50 an hour. Sounds like a wash to me. I see no reason it should price anyone out who wants to shoot. The cost of shooting has always priced those out who weren't committed.

6. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

Starter home (in a decent neighborhood) here in Delaware starts at approx. $225K.

Curt

7. gus

gus Member

Try golf, skiing, or some other sport and you'll think trapshooting is a bargain.

8. dverna

dverna Active Member

In twenty years you will say:

"I wish I had stocked up on those $7/box shells"

I have been lucky to build a nice inventory and only buy on sale. It was a sizable initial investment - maybe $6000 worth of shells, shot, wads, powder, primers. I have close to 100 cases of factory (mostly promo loads but a dozen cases of AA's and STS's), 20 cases of reloads, 80 bags of shot etc etc. Recently got a bunch of stuff from a Gander Mountain that was closing for 50% off. I also get stuff from guys who are selling off their reloading supplies and/or shells.

Now I wait for the sales and "top up" as needed. I hope to rarely buy shells at full retail again.

Don

9. flylta

flylta TS Member

Remington Sport loads today were $19.54 for 4 boxes (100 rounds) that's down from 1 month ago.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.