1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Wal mart new ammo prices today

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by maclellan1911, Dec 9, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

Our local wal mart was not stocking the shelves latly. Today I went in fully packed shelves. Winchester and Fed from 17.00 4pack to 23.00 remington 19.00 4pack 25.94 STS 5.78 to 6.79 AA from 5.78 to 6.99. Clerk told me prices going up in feb. after this stock runs down. Now I am a cabelas club member and never recieve any info on sales on ammo???? Its a 2hr drive for me. Wal mart was a good source for practice ammo. Dicks still has AA and STS on sale for under 6bucks. To really kick things off, I still paymore through the club from THE largest wholesale ammo supply??? begining to wonder.

2. Joe Woods

Joe Woods Well-Known Member

Do you think your large wholesale supply is comparable to WALMART for purchases. Once upon a time Federal told me how long it took to make annual supply of Gold Medal & how many months it took to produce ammo for a major big box. Its unbelieveable.I think higher ammo prices are coming. I thought with fuel prices rising we would have seen this sooner.

Take Care/Merry Christmas

Joe Woods/Ontario

3. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

Being the largest and wholesale I would hope to pay closer to what walmart and dicks sells for retail.

4. Southern Gent

Southern Gent TS Member

Flyer in today's paper, Academy Sports still has AA's for about 5.60 a box.

5. slick50

slick50 Member

I was in Walmart in Keene, New Hampshire yeaterday all STS= $6.97 all AA= $7.67 Gun Clubs at Dicks were still $42.80 per flat.

Bill

6. kallen

kallen TS Member

Still the same price here! troll-------

7. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

My local Wal-Mart doesn't like to change prices, too much work. Winchester 1oz #8s still $3.97 a box. HMB

8. code5coupe

code5coupe Member

" Winchester and Fed from 17.00 4pack to 23.00 remington 19.00 4pack 25.94 STS 5.78 to 6.79 AA from 5.78 to 6.99."

Pretty much the same here in San Diego went in yesterday (Sunday)...except the Remington 4-paks were still $19.44!!I bought all the Rem 4-paks they had(10).
    We knew it was coming.....

9. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

I guess my 7/8's reloads @ $3.70 , and 1 oz. 27 yard handycap's @ $4.30 are look'in very good. These are made at current prices for lead, wads, powder, and primers.

10. pdq

pdq Member

Bill:

that was my experience also.

I was at Dicks around T-Day and bought the Gub Clubs at $42.80/flat. But, with the promo rebate that Remington was offering and the money I get back on my Disk's Points card, the effective price was $39.30. I bought 10 flats then went back a few days later and bought 10 more.

Pete

11. 1Ljutic1

1Ljutic1 TS Member

Bill, or Slick50, I shop at the WalMart in Plaistow. Any word on the prices there? Steve

12. G-12

G-12 TS Member

Does anyone know the mark up on shells? What does the retailer pay for AA's or STS? Ben

13. lumper

lumper TS Member

Jeff ... how can ya be just a little gay?

Ben ... they pay whatever they negotiate with the manufacture and if they feel they are not getting the best price they can get they will not order or will hold up all orders until the manufacture gives them the number or deal they are looking for. You can ask a store manager what the cost of a particular item is and they may or may not know and if the do know the other question is do they know what all the rebates and backend deals are with the manufacture or how much the corporate office has tacked onto to it before loading the price into the system ... so does any of this answer your question? They might actually only be paying physically $3 a box of STS or AA's to the manufacture but by the time everything and such is tacked onto the cost it might be $6 a box in the system at the store level ... so just what does it really matter cause the selling price is what it is and there aint no changing it.

14. Jerbear

Jerbear TS Member

Just bought the last 2 flats of Federal Game loads from WW today for $3.88+tax.

Tomorrow they will be $5.87, I was told by the sporting goods manager that she has not been able to reprice their inventory they already have, so it won't hit the floor yet for sale. Go figure.

Jerbear

15. lumper

lumper TS Member

Jerbear ... did you spout Michagan law to them to be sure that you got it at the correct price?

16. Jerbear

Jerbear TS Member

Yes and also showed then my new card that was sent to me by Mike Cox our attorney generals office just made for my wallet. Because they do not have a price tag on them and she got her ass chewed on the last time, she is not bringing out any shells until she has the new price on them. Looks like a little OT for Christmas for her. She's cranky anyway, even though I've bough over $1000 worth of shells from her department since they opened. go figure?

The AT's office was nice enough to send me 12 dollar size Item Pricing Bill of Rights cards.I have ordered more to pass out to people that don't know the law.

Makes a nice stocking stuffer.

This is the size of a dollar bill.

Front

<a href="http://photobucket.com" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a>

Back

<a href="http://photobucket.com" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a>

Jerbear

17. Baber

Baber TS Member

The Worse may not be over yet but the end may be in sight. Lead pricing has fallen from $1.80 to $1.20 per pound in the last 30 days. Its coming down folks but it may take a while to filter down to us.

TB

18. FN in MT

FN in MT TS Member

I've been buying all the STS 12's and 20's I could afford, from my local Wally Worlds since the summer months. Between the $3.88 Top Gun Federals and the STS's at $5.79 I've got 15K plus of factory 12/20 sitting in the basement.

With shot locally at $50 a bag even $5.79 a box is a bargain.

Just checked prices and the STS's and AA's are all at near $8 a box now! How deppressing.

FN in MT

19. fssberson

fssberson Active Member

Makes reloading look profitable again. Fred

20. Joe Potosky

Joe Potosky Well-Known Member

I just came back from Walmart.

The price for STS and AA went up. The AA's cost more, I think they were $7.49 with the STS in the $6 range.

The federal value packs were still a deal. Winchester value packs I think were $23 and change.

Game Loads (25 to a box) 1290fps, 1oz, #8's were going for $4.14 per box. They also had 7.5's.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.