1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Wal-Mart Federals

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by bkt514, Apr 18, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bkt514

bkt514 Active Member

Usually I reload the Wal-Mart discount shells, with the steel base one time and pitch them. Do you treat the Federals as needing a tapered wad, or a staight wad as required by the Federal Gold Medals? Or does it even matter??

2. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

Use the same data as the Gold Metal Federals.

3. Jim Porter

Jim Porter Well-Known Member

I use these and toss them after one loading. I use 18.5 Red Dot, CB 2118-12 (replaces Fed 12S3) and 1 1/8 of #8. This is my favorite 16yd and doubles load. VERY consistant and crushes targets. Load is straight out of the manual.

4. fssberson

fssberson Active Member

The hull is a straight wall hull. Load accordingly. Fred

5. Ajax

Ajax Well-Known Member

Straight wall case. With the faster powders and lighter shot charges it is better use the wad for a straight wall case.

If you are using them for game loads with slow powders and large shot charges it does not seem to matter. As you can tell by some of the reloading manuals.

Ajax

6. bkt514

bkt514 Active Member

Will treat like (or as if)they were Gold Medals, usually straight wall hulls, and on-line reloading data! Thanks for the information!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.