1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

WAKE UP CALIFORNIA

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by 221, Sep 15, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 221

221 Banned User Banned TS Supporters

You CA boys better wake up and fast.....CA. AB962 is on the Terminators desk.

READ ALL ABOUT IT
    <em>"California Legislature Approves Restriction On Ammo Sales — Bill Goes To Governor"</em>

<em>AB 962, a new law restricting ammo sales, was passed by the California Legislature last Friday and sent to Governor Schwarzenegger’s desk. If not vetoed by the Governor, this bill could have a major negative effect on the shooting sports in the Golden State. AB 962, authored by Assemblyman De León (Dem. Los Angeles) was narrowly passed on a strict party line vote, on the last day of the Legislative session.</em>

2. 221

221 Banned User Banned TS Supporters

Easier read at this link..........sounds serious.......

3. flybyknight

flybyknight Member

It is serious! One would be limited to 50 rounds of handgun ammoper month. In addition, when purchasing your 50 rounds, you must be finger printed Dealers must get s pecial license and keep records of sales, just like registering a gun. Internet sales of ammo would be banned. Many of us have written and called our representitives, as well as the govenor. We get it, but the majority don't. So disgusted! Bob K.

4. The Rock

The Rock Active Member

Nevada is not that far away.

Rock

Jim

5. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

Bet this will really put a crimp in the gang bangers, right?

ROFL.

HM

6. lbshootin

lbshootin Active Member

NOt only Handgun ammo....but any ammo that can be used in a handgun..and my Thompson encore uses alot of rifle ammo in it's handgun configuration..they would all be placed under this law.......LarryB

7. lbshootin

lbshootin Active Member

Lots of .410Bore handguns out there too!..

8. TOOLMAKER 251

TOOLMAKER 251 Active Member

If it becomes law then next year it will be rifle and shotgun ammo.

9. recurvyarcher

recurvyarcher Well-Known Member

And the propensity for this type of law enactment will spread from California to across the country. Pelosi will see to it.

10. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

I'm so happy I retired and moved far away from California. As a kid it was the best place to live and grow up in the entire world. It had everything. Now it just has: Well! you all know what I'm talking about.

11. poacherjoe

poacherjoe Well-Known Member

Let the REVOLUTION begin!!!They have already passed a law that goes into effect next july that prohibits ANY type of LEAD in it's waterways!! No more fishing sinkers etc. Very few of it's residents are even aware of this!One more reason to move to Montana. PJ

12. fssberson

fssberson Active Member

California is COMPLETELY controlled by the Democrats and Schwartzenegger, the govenor, just rolls over and votes with them... no juevos. Very little that we can do... the Democratic agenda is clear... ban all guns any way they can. Even commercial interests support this: Dick's Sporting Goods opened up several new stores in the So. Ca., but do not sell any thing to do with guns AND even do not sell fishing equipment. Must be owned by PETA. I personally boycott the local new store. Fred

13. BrowningPotato

BrowningPotato TS Member

I don't know about NO juevos... but they are probably quite small at this point

14. highflyer

highflyer TS Member

Yet we still have many shooters in denial across the country about what the left wants to do to our shooting sports.

15. timberfaller

timberfaller Well-Known Member

Watch the ammo sale go crazy again! If its signed(constutitionally illegl), and before it goes into effect, people will go nuts over buying ammo.

And they wonder why Calif. is in finicial trouble.

Calif. already has a law banning ammo sale before a holiday, all the people do is before the ban date goes into effect, run to the store and stock up. Didn't change anything except when shooter bought their ammo!

16. wolfram

wolfram Well-Known Member

Nice try GB, I'm still sending the border jumping Californians your way.

17. poacherjoe

poacherjoe Well-Known Member

Gary: The hunting and fishing is just about as good as it get's. And I can sit by the fire when it's cold.I won one of your shell cutters at a shoot and it works great no more PVC cutters needed. PJ

18. BMC

BMC Member

If you CA shooters value your hobby, do the following. It will only take a few moments, but can make the difference.

Call the Governors Office
    916-445-2841

Step 1: Call the number in the subject
    Step 2: Press 1 for English.
    Step 3: Press 2 for commenting on a bill on the Governor’s desk
    Step 4: Press 2 for AB962
    Step 5: Press 2 for Oppose
    Step 6: Repeat as necessary (preferably once or twice a day).

19. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

A 9.5 quake will help the most!

Curt

20. Jennifer

Jennifer Member

I'll be the first to say California is just about too far gone to turn it around, but when a bill like this sits on the governors desk and there are NO DEMONSTRATIONS by any pro-gun groups, well, that is the final nail in the coffin. The "there's not much we can do" attitude is what allows this to go on unchecked, unnoticed, and un-reported by the media. The squeaky wheel gets the grease. The only squeaking I hear is preaching to the choir.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.