1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Wake and Shake Shooters.

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by ec90t, Apr 18, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ec90t

ec90t Guest

Well Ilinois and Indiana was awoke by a 5.4 quake this mornin'.

ec90t

2. leadspreader

leadspreader TS Member

i thought the wife had her massager out!

3. wolfee

wolfee TS Member

caught me a little off guard.

4. joe kuhn

joe kuhn Furry Lives Matter TS Supporters

Yeah - the mirror was rattling so I got up and thought - my mental game is shaky. Looked for something to stuff in behind that mirrir about the time it stopped. Little did I know.

5. skeeljc

skeeljc Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

It woke me up from a sound sleep. Felt two separate waves of shaking. You could feel slight tremmors by touching an open door for a good minute afterwards. I was here in central Indiana (Terre haute) for the one in 1968 too. I cannot remember where the center of the 1968 quake was.

Jim Skeel

6. ronbo142

ronbo142 TS Member

Was just going out the door to feed the horses, thought that the wind was blowing hard.

Ronbo

7. RogerNRA

RogerNRA TS Member

Never felt or heard a thing. Slept through the whole thing.......Roger

8. otnot

otnot Active Member

That is a pretty good shaker for down in the states. Yesterday up here in Alaska we had 51 earthquakes. Earthquakes are one thing I never seem to be able to get over. It's the instant feeling of helplessness it gives you and not knowing how big or how long it's going to last. Luckily we don't feel most of the quakes up here. At times you can hear them coming, it sounds like a train coming.

9. spritc

spritc Active Member

11:15am here in central Indiana and we just had our first after shock, about six hours later than the earthquake.

Steve

10. ronbo142

ronbo142 TS Member

I work on Scott AFB on the second story of an office, about 45seconds of felt event.

Ronbo

11. Bruce Specht

Bruce Specht Well-Known Member

Never felt a thing where I live. Elmhurst western burb of Chicago

12. EDGARMCM

EDGARMCM TS Member

skeeljc

I remember the one in 1968 well. At tht time I lived about 1 1/2 miles south of the current location of the shooting complex at Sparta. I was in the basement when it hit and the basement floor was moving up and down. Went outside and it sounded like a jet had flown over. Did not feel the one today but heard some noise at the time which I now assume was some things in the house rattling. I now live near Peoria, Illlinois.

13. Kent

Kent TS Member

60 miles south. We also had an after shock about 10.15 AM. I was at one of my squadmates automotive shop and we were planning our Saturday morning trip to Sparta for their monthly registered events. Just after the 10:15 shake I told him I know what I will say after I miss my first target tommorrow, " Hey did you feel that? I bet that was at least a 4.5 aftershock." You got to be ready for those excuses.

14. Dahaub

Dahaub Active Member

I felt the shaking this morning and I was sitting at the dinner table in 68 when that one hit and I was also 90 miles further south nearer the epicenter of that one. This one shook hard at my house for only a few seconds I'd say 6 to 10 seconds. The one in 68 shook for about 30 seconds and the kitchen table walked about 3 feet from where I was sitting. They say this one was not quite as powerful, heck I don't know it's been 40 years. I hope it's 40 more before we have another one. Dan

15. shutnlar

shutnlar TS Member

Never felt a thing here in Clarendon Hills. Remember the one in 68 very well. We had just moved(375th CAM sqdn) into brand new 3 story barracks on Scott AFB. I was in my buddy's room on the 3rd floor when things started movin' an' groovin'. FIRST thought was "low bidder built this place". Found out later that one of our "brand new" C-118s hsd the nose gear collapse on the flightline. The New Madrid Faultline strikes again!!

Larry

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.