1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Wait... What?

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by Brian in Oregon, Jul 9, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
  2. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

Well, yes, but Bobby Jindal just OK'd concealed carry in churches in Louisiana. I guess they have disrespectful perps there.

HM

3. chiefjon

chiefjon Active Member

Three sheriff's back, Glenn Craig, who had served as commissioner of the Highway Patrol & head of the Department of Justice was elected sheriff. Glenn was/is a great guy, but he was a leader in the state in tightening the circumstances under which CCW permits are issued, either by a chief of police or local sheriff's. Some of the neighboring counties have followed his lead and many local groupings of chiefs have relegated their authority to the county sheriff. The upcoming election for sheriff, both in Sacramento Co and neighboring El Dorado County, where there is no incumbent, has brought the policy of issuance to the front. Of the 6 candidates in El Dorado County, all were in favor of taking a "must issue" stance...a very liberal defination of "reasonable need". Both of the candidates in Sac County have also expressed a desire to loosen the current policy.

I do agree that McGinness' statements were primarily intended to pressure the county board of supervisors as he is facing major cuts in staffing. Personally, I think the policy should be relaxed. I taught the ccw classes in Reno, when NV became a "must issue" state. All of these anti-gun liberals will never understand the concept, "guns don't kill people, people kill people" let alone, when guns are outlawed, only the outlaws will have guns....good God, how much common sense does it take.

Oh well, enough preaching to the choir...just remember, this Nov and again in Nov. 2012 we must shout to all that can hear, read or see...a change is needed in D.C. from top to bottom.

Jon Schorle
    Sacramento, CA
    Chief of Police (ret)

4. bigdogtx

bigdogtx Well-Known Member

This is a THREAT???? Oh, he is threatening the criminals,,,,good for him

5. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    The irony is he's threatening to give citizens the right they already should have.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.