1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Wads on EBAY

Discussion in 'For Sale- Members only' started by BigDave1200, Dec 27, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BigDave1200

BigDave1200 Member

0   0   0

Has anyone searched ebay for wads? Its outrageous what people think they are going to get for something.I feel for the poor guy that buys himself a reloader on ebay and decides that he is going to buy some wads while he is at it. He will soon get an eye opener when he buys them at a reloading components store. Anyways it's good for a laugh. Anyone want to buy some once fired primers? LOL Dave

2. scorpman

scorpman Member

0   0   0

Wads are not even supposed to be allowed for sale on eBay. They are part of a component to make a shell. I had a bunch of auctions for wads up in the spring and some were doing very well, then they all got shut down by eBay and I was hit with a few policy violation warnings. You cannot even sell lead or steal shot on there, unless you get creative with your listing and not put it as a reloading supply. All my reloading supplies go on Gunbroker now. check out my listings on both sites - username: Scorpman

3. Auctioneer

Auctioneer Well-Known Member

0   1   0

Wads, brass, hulls are permited. Primers, powder and loaded ammo are not.

4. OldRemFan

OldRemFan Member

0   0   0

Since when did eBay start permitting hulls and brass? They must have just changed their policy again, it that is true.

5. RobPete

RobPete Member

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

I very recently got a policy violation hit for listing brass on eBay. So I have trouble believing that.

6. Auctioneer

0   1   0

Go and do a search then. I put in shotgun hulls, Hulls, reloading hulls and found a good number of items.

As for your brass they have a bad habit of looking at something and then pulling it because they don't know what the hell they are doing. Brass is within their rules but some people in Ebay don't know their back side from a hole in the ground.

7. OldRemFan

OldRemFan Member

0   0   0

I have done a research on eBay in the US and you are doing a snow job on what you are saying. Papcharlie is trying to skirt the rules by showing hulls and saying he is selling boxes only in his auction. Otherwise as of a few minutes ago nothing shows up doing the search using the words you recommend.

8. scorpman

scorpman Member

0   0   0

eBay rules as just copied from their site:

"
    Ammunition
    Live ammunition and ammunition components can't be listed, though you can sell some types of historical items as long as they're not live ammunition. See the list below for details.

Allowed:
    - Ammunition for BB guns, pellet guns, or Airsoft guns

- Plastic, polymer, rubber, or wooden bullets or ammunition

- Reloading equipment

- Snap caps

Restricted:
    - Converted brass (also known as trench art). The item has to show that it's been converted and that it can't be converted back into a usable casing.

- Empty ammunition boxes. The listing needs to say the item doesn't contain ammunition.

Not allowed:
    - Blank ammunition

- Bullets, buck shot, or lead shot

- Cartridges, casings, shells, or hulls

- Dummy ammunition

- Gunpowder or primers

- Inert ammunition

- Live ammunition rounds
    "
    Some auctions do get by, but most get booted. The wads I had unknowingly listed went for a week before getting shut down with only hours left in the listing.

9. fishguts

fishguts Member

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

I just got 2 bags of WAA12R wads off ebay for $23.00, $11.50 a bag for wads no longer listed, not too bad I thought. They are for a buddy who will only use the Win.12R in his game loads, he'll be happy when I give them to him, so it's worth it.

Wayne

10. Auctioneer

0   1   0

I have found wads under the listing of reloading wad, reloading wads, wads, wad shotgun wad. I have found hulls under hulls, and brass under the section sponsored links at the bottom of reloading brass.

11. BigDave1200

BigDave1200 Member

0   0   0

There's some Versalite wads on there now. Ebay item# 390136299405
    The ones that I was talking about on the original post don't seem to be there but someone was selling WW white 1-1/8oz wads, one baggie of 100 for $10 starting price + $4 shipping. That's the one that made me laugh. I also have see someone auctioning a empty 8# cardboard Alliant keg for $15. I just throw them out or store brass in them.

12. Auctioneer

0   1   0

Scorpman, there is alot of trench art on Ebay. Trench art is not on the no list.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.