1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Wads having a tough time going into hulls- 9000G

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by skeet_man, May 8, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

Lately i've been having a problem w/ wads being very hard to get into hulls on my 9000G. Tried loading Rem Premiers (the older light green remington target loads) and w/ TGT12 wads, the wad wants to buckle to the side, rather than going straight in. The problem isn't quite as bad w/ sts hulls, but its still there. I had a similar problem w/ claybuster aa replacements, but not quite as bad. The wads seem to straighten out once they get into the shell, so I don't even know if this is an issue, but its kinda disconcerting seeing the wad go in @ such a strange angle.

Wad fingers are perfect, it almost seems like the wad is too tight a fit going in.

Thoughts?

2. miketmx

miketmx Well-Known Member

I gave up trying to use TGT12 wads in the new AA 2 piece hull. I use WAA12SL instead for 1 oz loads with that hull. The TGT12 wad is designed to be used for 1 oz loads and 1 1/8 oz loads only work with a low volume of very dense powder not something bulky like Green Dot.

3. WWB

WWB Member

On my 9000 H when I hit the pedal the arm with the hook pushes the table backwards just a bit, then continues forward on its cycle--maybe you need to check that and see if that's what's causing the wad to hit the edge......if so
    there is an adjustment for that......
    Bill

4. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

Ran into the same problem. Tried using the cheap Winchester AA wad which is yellow and the problem went away. I think some lots of wads are oversized and cause the problem. HMB

5. stokinpls

stokinpls Well-Known Member

Mark where your wad guide is on the rod right now. Now loosening the wad guide clamp (allen bolt)and raise the wad guide up 1/8", maybe 1/4". The wad guide will try to move in the clamp as well so don't overdo it. If this doesn't help, put it back and try the above tips. Good luck.

6. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

Raising the wad guide helps on the green Premiers. They are thick in the mouth. Raising the guide so the fingers don't occupy as much space while inserting the wad is the answer.

But they last one hell of a long time. I ran a test with 25, marking the hulls for each reload.

at 16 times there was no more room for marks, and I had lost one hull. The remaining 24 still had a nice flat crimp and shot fine.

HM

7. merlynstrapguns

merlynstrapguns Well-Known Member

First try wiping your wads with an oily rag, not on the bottom where the powder is, but on the side which slides into the hull. If this helps, Try a bag of Downrange wads. They load so slick that it seems like you forgot something. I predict that this will cure your problem. Remington and many other wads are not to slick. and tend to bind when entering the case..........merlyn

8. ricks1

ricks1 TS Member

did you look inside the wad guide? there may be a couple fingers gone.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.