1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

wad question

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by striper, Jun 16, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. striper

striper Member

Recently I purchased a bag of remington 1 1/8 wads R12 H thinking I was doing my buddy a favor. I normally use downrange 1 oz for my standard loads but wanted to try something different. Well I have looked in several reloading manuals and can not find information. I wanted to use these in win AA red shells. Can anyone tell me about this wad and can it be used in Rem STS or Win shells.

2. zzt

zzt Well-Known Member

It can be used in STS or AA hulls, but you will not find much reloading info for those combination (other than Solo 1000). I'd exchange those wads for target wads.

3. striper

striper Member

I went to Rem website and all they say is its a hunting wad. Would it be safe to load 17 gr of Clays with Fio primers . I can use for crows.Looking to use these but be safe as well.

4. FarmerD

FarmerD TS Member

They are a game load 1 1/4 oz wad and can be substituted for the 29926 Power Piston wad. They work best with a slow powder such as Herco, SR4756, 800X, etc.. What you propose wouldn't work because of the space left in the hull. Richard

5. oletymer

oletymer Member

Confucius say "Check out load before buying components".

6. 3dram8

3dram8 Member

Confucius also say: "Man who afraid to use reloading charts along with good scale could end up being Kung Pao Chicken!" ....Rick

7. cmptrwz1

cmptrwz1 TS Member

I just looked up that wad for you in my new 2007 imr reloading manule and that wad is used in 3 inch shell and 1 1/2 oz loads it will not work in 2 3/4 shells

8. 3dram8

3dram8 Member

The R12H wad is quite similar to the RXP wad. The shotcup on the R12H is designed for 1-1/8 oz. shot just like the RXP, but the column below is a tad shorter on the R12H. I was told that this wad was designed for the "Shur-Shot" line of ammo which had slightly higher base wads than the target shells at that time (RXP, Blue Magic, and Premier). I had a handicap load that I liked using Solo 1250, and this powder took a lot of room in the hull to the point where the RXP wad column was just a bit too high. The R12H wad with the slighter shorter wad column was the perfect solution giving nice uniform even crimps. Anyone out there have any nice memories using Solo 1250? ......Rick

9. Bob_K

Bob_K Well-Known Member

The Accurate 2004 reload manual lists loads for that wad with their Nitro 1000, Solo 1000, and Solo 1250 powders in both STS and AA cases. I can email the pdf file if you want. (Remove the x's.)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.