1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

wad pressure

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by boomer_236, Oct 26, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. boomer_236

boomer_236 TS Member

I AM RELOADING AA 12 GAUGE HULLS DOES ANY BODY KNOW WHAT KIND OF WAD PRESSURE I SHOULD SEE OUT OF A 9000E MEC RELOADER USING CLAY POWDER CCI PRIMERS WAASL WADS AND 1 0Z #8 LOADS

2. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

The old AAs are smooth inside and require very little wad pressure. The new AAs have a ridge running around the inside of the hull which can cause the wad to hang up when seating it. More wad pressure may be required to avoid this happening. Approx. 30lbs seems to work. HMB

3. midalake

midalake Well-Known Member

If your wad is at the right hight for a proper crimp you have used the right pressure reguardless of the hull/wad/powder combo. As I have stated before wad pressure is a myth, wad height is the proper term to use now.

GS

4. ivanhoe

ivanhoe Well-Known Member

boomer_236 you can lightly put the wad down to the powder with your finger and the final crimp will apply the proper wad pressure.

Bob Lawless

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.