1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.

Wad Knockers at the Grand

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by LocoChunk, Aug 5, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LocoChunk

LocoChunk Member

Does anyone know who sells wad knockers at the grand?
  2. Trent

Trent TS Member

There should be several vendors selling accessories. I got one there last year...
  3. Psycho

Psycho TS Member

Buy a book on "how to reload" instead!
  4. Border Bandit

Border Bandit Active Member

Wad knockers are OK; but Terry Jordan suggests a solution in the data book that comes with his very nice wall chart. When you cut down a hull, for whatever reason, save the shortened hull and instead of knocking out the primer keep a few of 'em in your shooting vest. He calls 'em wad poppers and they work very well. On the line when someone needs has a dud, I toss them one and it keeps things moving along, saving a trip to the scorers chair, or fumbling for the wad knocker. Terry also shows how to use the shortened shells as snap caps for practice by squirting some RTV into the hull then inserting a wad and putting enough pressure to force a blob through the primer hole, then cut off the excess after it sets up.

best....mike
  5. LocoChunk

LocoChunk Member

I dont reload. I had a factory load that sepereated the plastic from the steal and wouldnt eject
  6. Twinbirds

Twinbirds TS Member

sure negates a short shell to pop it out, a ramrod is your best bet
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.