1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Wad Identity??

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by trident, Oct 3, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. trident

trident Member

Any ideas as to what brand wad this is? 1 5/16" overall length with 1/4" petals. Thanks!

2. tom-n8ies

tom-n8ies Member

I don't know witch one it is but it is the best one I ever saw.

tom

3. foghorn220

foghorn220 Active Member

maybe a pattern control brand or most call's it a P.C. wow it does have very short cups but the base part was what I was going by of course it has been many years since I have had any of the Pattern Control wads but they made some with a post in the middle it was a spreader wad .

ok don't take what I say to be what you have before you do a search about the P.C. wads on the net ok I will try and look also and see if that is what you have or not.

Foggy

4. foghorn220

foghorn220 Active Member

Ok maybe it is not a P.C. Wad but then again it looks like it has new owners so as I said don't take what I said to the bank I will look more.

Fog

5. John Thompson

John Thompson TS Member

Looks like an early Remington copy. They had a tall base wad & very short wad. I think Ljutic made or had someone make black wads under their name over 20 years back. Also a Black Cloud wad was black.

6. trident

trident Member

Any other ideas? I'm thinking maybe something for a lead "pumpkin ball" because of the short over all length and extremely short petals.

7. PerazziBigBore

PerazziBigBore TS Member

I thought the Ljutic too.. but the legs are different..

8. short shucker

short shucker TS Member

I saw a wad like that a few years back. It came from some short 12ga European shell. I think the shell length was only 2".

ss

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.