1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

***Wad-Hoppers***

Discussion in 'For Sale- Members only' started by kjsncnb, Jul 17, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kjsncnb

kjsncnb Member

0   0   0

Mid-West Shooting Introduces "The Original Wad_Hopper".
    Introductory price is $40 and we pay the shipping.
    Get yours before the price changes.

http://mid-westshooting.com/wad_hopper.html

[​IMG]

2. cementman

cementman Member

0   0   0

Sure hope that for $40.00 you do get two of them. They are nice but for $40.00 each, that would be quite pricey.

3. HSLDS

HSLDS Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0

From their website it is $40 a pop.

They claim they hold 500 wads / 350 shells, so they are big, but agree that they are pricey.

4. goose2

goose2 Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

They will be really pricey after the price hike!

5. bridgetoofar

bridgetoofar TS Member

0   0   0

I think I'll stick with plastic shoe storage boxes at a buck each.

6. kjsncnb

kjsncnb Member

0   0   0

Sorry if I misled you guys, yes they are $40 EACH, MADE in THE USA. I will make you poor shooters a deal, $79.00 for 2 and I will still pay the shipping.

Maybe I should have had them made in some other country out of some cheap material, then I could have sold them for a lot less and said the heck with the good ole USA manufacturing process.

Kelly

7. Big Jack

Big Jack Well-Known Member

0   0   0

A heck of a lot cheaper and if you need more, find an empty flat and go for it!
    If your not handy, I'll sell these for $39.95 a pair.... Naw, not for sale on second thought!!

8. wolfram

wolfram Well-Known Member

0   0   0

I use the 10 lb milk bone boxes. Seem to have an unlimed supply of those. Maybe not too stylish but you do get to look at a big yellow dog with nice teeth while you load.

9. dhip

dhip Active Member

0   0   0

I just use the top drawer on the oak desk that I have my loader mounted on.

Doug H.

10. acorange

acorange Well-Known Member

0   0   0

Big Jack,
    Nice job on the shell flat with Duct tape.
    Makes my open top boxes that suet cake comes in for feeding woodpeckers look quaint.

Good Idea......

11. lostandout

lostandout Member

0   0   0

man help a brother out hes just tring to make some cash

12. kjsncnb

kjsncnb Member

0   0   0

Lostandout...Thanks for the help. At $40 including the shipping, I realy am not making very much on these things. They have been selling very well at the shoots we attend at $39, and I dont have to ship them or pay the credit card fees. They are fairly expensive to make and I dont add anything for labor for us to assemble them.

The guys that have bought them are very pleased with them and the quality.

Kelly

13. Dave P

Dave P TS Supporters TS Supporters

0   0   0

Your Hoppers are quite nice looking and no doubt well made. I don't know what income bracket you fall in but if you're in mine I think you would have to admit the price is a little steep for its intended purpose. About 20 years ago when I was laid up I got my wife to buy me four "Wally" waste baskets and with a jig saw, some pop rivets and a glue gun I had two strong hoppers that are in use today. Cost was about $2.50 each as I recall. Obviously beauty wasn't foremost in my mind when I made them.

Kelly, your web site content leads one to believe you may have something to do with Downrange Mfg. Do you?

14. kjsncnb

kjsncnb Member

0   0   0

Dave, I am a downrange retailer as well as many other products.

Kelly

15. kjsncnb

kjsncnb Member

0   0   0

16. Big Al 29

Big Al 29 TS Member

0   0   0

I see Big Jack didn't get his buck that year. LOL

See the old Pennsylvania huntin licence with the ear tag still attached. Do you like the new style licence?

Must be a PA thing to hang up the old licences around the reloading table. I got a slew of them hanging up.

I make my own wad boxes too. Same thing as Big jacks. Must me a PA thing.

17. kjsncnb

kjsncnb Member

0   0   0

ks5shooter...find me something on the market even half as nice as these, and I will see if I can make it competitively priced, card board or particle board are not competitive comparisons.

You are right these are a luxury item, so I guess the cost should not be an issue.

Sorry if I sound a little PO'ed, I really am not, I know some people just simply won't pay any price for luxury items they really can do without, the market is there or we would see a lot more shooters shooting a Remington 870’s in competition.

And by the way, MADE IN THE USA is one of the hottest marketing slogans in the USA today, so I am going to ride it like a stolen horse, of course unless you want to start signing my paychecks.

Thank you to all the guys that have purchased the WAD-HOPPERS, I put another 20 together tonight (520 little bitty screws) and will ship them on Monday.
    For all the rest, keep the comments coming...it keeps the thread on the top.

Kelly

18. Kyle Spieles

Kyle Spieles Member

0   0   0

any promo deal on buying two? How many 12ga hulls will one of these fit? Thanks.

19. Big Jack

Big Jack Well-Known Member

0   0   0

Kelly..We're not p**ing in your wheaties. These are the same folks that bitch over the price of a round of trap but they spend a hundred grand for a motorhome to git there to complain. They will spend fifteen or twenty grand for guns and bitch over the price of primers or lead. Admit it, we are cheap. well, maybe not cheap..frugal, yea, that's it. I still have black circles on most my shoes!
    Good luck. every business started with an idea...some good, some bad. All depends on whose opinion you hear. Suggestion. instead of 520 itty bitty screws..ship them flat with assembly instructions.

Big Jack

20. kjsncnb

kjsncnb Member

0   0   0

Kyle, I have had 300 hulls in one with a little room to spare, the promo deal is I am paying the shipping.

Jack, I thought about that it would make shipping very easy,but my cad designer didnt get than instructions to my liking. I may offer them as a kit later on.

I know what you are saying about us trap shooters, we go to the club in trucks that cost more than our parents houses, we spend more for our weekend glasses than we do for our everyday ones, don't think nothing of looking at or buying a gun for 10k, but man look out if the club raises the price of targets a quarter, or the price of shot goes up a few pennies a bag.

Kelly

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

wad and hull hopper ideas