1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Wad for Estates?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by g7777777, Sep 2, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

Downrange wads makes special wads for his case I think

regards from Iowa

Gene

2. Mike G

Mike G Member

I have been using the "Downrange XXL" orange colored wad which has produced very nice results for me.

3. Quack Shot

Quack Shot Active Member

The Federal 12S0 and Claybuster clone work great. They seal just fine. If you have them, by all mean just use them.

4. Etiquette

Etiquette Member

I have had the best results with the 12S0 type wads.

5. Wayne of PA

Wayne of PA Member

I have tried both the 12S3 and the 12S0. Although they seem to work I think there could be a better wad out there that would work.

I really don’t enjoying reloading them mostly because of how hard they are to resize through either one of my Ponsness Warren’s. Now I just toss them and stick to the STS when reloading.

Dale,

6. oz

oz Active Member

I use TGT's no problem. oz

7. FarmerD

FarmerD TS Member

I have had good success with CB 12so, WJ II, DRXXL, and FTL-1. They all shoot good and pattern well in my Perazzi's. Richard PS The Top Gun and Estate hulls load nice in my RCBS.

8. Quack Shot

Quack Shot Active Member

don q

I load a light one ounce for the girlfriend using the Federal or Estate hulls and the Claybuster 12S0 wads. I've loaded many thousands and they work fine in all weather. They absolutely smash the targets. I've even shot them from the 27 and had no problems with the shells or wads. If I'm on them they disintegrate. They are my wad of choice for these types of hulls. I've used cases of them over the past few years and haven't encountered anything that would convince me I need to change. They are more economical than the Federals and are available at reasonable cost, somewhat locally for me. I've used Red Dot, Promo, Green Dot, Clays, 700-X, Universal Clays, and Unique with the 12S0 and 12S3 wads and Claybuster clones. Never had an issue in any weather.

9. b12

b12 Well-Known Member

I have been using the new claybuster Green wad made for the straight hulled wad and have found the load great. I havn't had any problems. With Estate shells I load them once and throw them away. At the gun club it seems everyone is shooting the cheepos lately.

10. Shooting Coach

Shooting Coach Well-Known Member

For one ounce loads, I use the Claybuster CB3118-12AR. For 24 gram loads, I use the Claybuster CB2100-12 wad. With a bulky powder, these work great.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.