1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

WAD DIFFERENCES

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by KMUDD, Jan 6, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KMUDD

KMUDD TS Member

What is the differences between 4 and 8 pedal wads. What does one do over the other.

2. goatskin

goatskin TS Member

The original theory of the 'Windjammer' wad (the 8 petal) was that it would release from the shot faster, thereby never bumping or canting or overloading one side, screwing up the pattern.

In practice, there's no difference anybody has ever been able to demonstrate.

Some people like to load them; some hate them.

Bob

3. Ross

Ross Well-Known Member

Not much that I could determine in pattern or target breaks, more difference in the over powder cup on the ones I tried. I liked the deeper dome type better, ie Rem. fig. 8--Win. AA, that type just "seemed" more consistent. (to me) Ross Puls

4. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

Nothing, nil, nada, naught. HMB

5. plux001

plux001 Member

I have spent a lot of time at the pattern board trying to answer this question. I do like the way the 8 petal patterns. To my eye, it appears to be a "bit" more consistent. Does this translate into a higher score? I doubt it, but I do use 'em.

Paul

6. gasman03

gasman03 Member

My son was 12 when he started shooting trap. Went to the Nebraska State Shoot and saw the 8 petal wads and the guy telling how they were to be so much better and what they did and so on. He had to have them so that is what I reloaded for him. As long as that was what he knows he has (or thinks he has) he can put up some good scores. No mental game there.

Corey

7. Mark425

Mark425 TS Member

I like them only for the reason that if you want a speedier load, the published pressures are generally lower than most other wads. As far as the pattern goes, I cant tell any difference. I have no problem loading DR Windjammer clones on my MEC.

8. merlynstrapguns

merlynstrapguns Well-Known Member

NSXER asked me the other day if a 2ct. wad made more difference than a 3000.00 barrel????????????

Can't say for sure, but I will put my jingles on the barrel. I'm thinking the test results are nearly negligible between wads and more noticeable between the ears!!!!!!!!!!.............merlyn

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.