1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

wad choice

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Willus, Feb 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Willus

Willus TS Member

My local reloading supply shop has ran out of WAA12SL pink wads, he is telling me that the GreenDuster is as good. I was looking for your thoughts. Thank You.

2. timb99

timb99 Well-Known Member

I have used the Green Duster in the past. It is a very good wad. In your circumstance, you may find you like them as much as the Winchesters, and they're usually less costly.

Another option is the Downrange XL-1, if they carry it. This is my preferred wad for 1 ounce singles loads.

3. tuscarora 99

tuscarora 99 TS Member

I like the downrange product, xl-1.

4. mx2005

mx2005 TS Member

Willus You can use a 1oz Downrange DRRT-12 or TGT-12 Remington if you're loading a 1oz pink Winchester wad I use them for both 1 and 1 1/8 oz loads they work great give them a try you might like them. PK

5. edthearcher

edthearcher Member

I use blue dusters foe every thing

6. trinketshooter

trinketshooter TS Member

The green Dusters worked great for me. They used to be alot cheaper for me to buy than the Winchesters, but shipping has went up so much that I can buy the pinks for about $12.00 more than the Dusters. I had problems seating the Downrange wads so I gave up on them. I'll pay for the tried and true product. Neil

7. Auctioneer

Auctioneer Well-Known Member

The Duster wad is a good wad. I wish someone in my area would stock them but they don't. Instead they stock the Claybuster wad. Its a good wad also biut I like the Duster wads better.

8. Doug Brown

Doug Brown Well-Known Member

IMO- Downrange is the best wad out there!

9. jdsfarms

jdsfarms Well-Known Member

I like the downrange XL-1 lime green wad too and you should check them to make sure but I think it is a direct replacement for the waa12sl pink wad.Jerry

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.