1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Wacked a nice buck with my old Caddilac tonight

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by bigbore613, Oct 24, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bigbore613

bigbore613 Active Member

On the way home from work this evening a nice buck had got into the median. I was running in traffic at 65 when he picked me. Got the fender, door ,mirror and cracked the windsheild. Clean over the car and into the road, then he got up and put azz in face. Consider myself very lucky.
    Be CAREFUL ! the rut is on here in VA and they are crazy. Jeff

2. GunDr

GunDr Well-Known Member

My wife hit a doe two nights ago. Cracked the grill and dented the nose of the hood on her Concorde. Last year one took her left mirror off. Also last year her son hit 2 in a three week period.

Doug

3. laura!

laura! Member

Must be those damn hunters scaring all the deer so they run into our cars!LOL

4. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

Ahh!! Venison, tenderized by Cad. My son totaled his Chevy truck hitting 4 at the same time a few years back! Dangerous time of year and you can't be too careful! A good friend lost his life when one tried to jump over him on his motorcycle, what a tragic loss that was. Hap

5. hoggy

hoggy TS Member

Cannot help myself but it seems pretty funny to me a person owning a Cadillac would know how to spell Cadillac. :eek:) Must have shaken you up pretty bad.

6. bigbore613

bigbore613 Active Member

Im glad I wasn't driving my Jaguar, Spelling ? Jeff

7. chipking

chipking TS Member

Jeff if it had been the Jag he coulda just stepped over and kept on trucking unless you had the top down then you could have had fresh picked tenderloins.
    Glad you didn't get hurt. Did you throw your pants away or will they wash out.

--- Chip King ---

8. bigbore613

bigbore613 Active Member

Chip , there wasnt time for anything never slowed below 55 , LOL. Jeff
    PS-anybody got a drivers mirror for a 92 Caddddilac -sic-?

9. MGeslock

MGeslock TS Member

Thats gonna itch when it drys......

10. Inspector 12

Inspector 12 TS Member

Had a near miss tonight myself. Driving from Spokane WA, westbound on I-90 going 70ish in the left lane, deer jumped from the right lane into the left. On the brakes, swerved right, near miss. After that didn't need that cup of coffee to perk me up....

11. otnot

otnot Active Member

You gues think it's bad hitting a deer try a moose that weights a thousand pounds. When I was 17 I was driving my dads NEW Chevy truck to go ride snowmobiles up in the mountains when a moose ran out in front of me. We danced on the ice from one lane to the other until I finally slid up to him and knocked him down only breaking the headlight housing. LOL I was thanking my lucky stars until the very next night I hit a horse in MY car. LOL

Riding to school on the bus as a kid on a 20 mile ride we used to see over a 100 moose. The bad thing about moose is that when the snow gets deep they won't get off the road, they will run in front of you until they come to another side road. Pretty scary driving in the dark on ice with that many animals crossing the road.

12. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

I hit a Deer just outside of Mankato, Minn, but I was driving a semi grossing close to 80,000 lbs ... The Deer looked like it was run threw a meat grinder and I lost a fog light ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

13. jimx200

jimx200 Member

RickN...sure those bucks did not die of old age? Teasing..must take a steady hand to hold the bow when one of those show up in range. Compound or recurve? Recurve shooter here...more of a mans bow...lol.

14. bobdog

bobdog Active Member

Picked up a new Ford Taurus SHO a few years ago on a Saturday afternoon. Drove as far as Eastern Pennsylvania the next day. Damned doe committed suicide right in front of me.

$4,000 worth, mostly plastic parts under the hood. 700 miles on the odometer.

15. miketmx

miketmx Well-Known Member

I continue to put deer warning whistles on all my vehicles. I haven't hit a deer yet and I have seen plenty of deer stop and turn around and head back into the bush. There have been several previous threads on trapshooters.com claiming that deer whistles don't work. The one I remember was when the body shop owner asked the customer if he should put the deer whistles back on after the front end was repaired.

16. nspktr1

nspktr1 TS Member

Out driving last weekend, just me and wife looking at leaves turning colors in east Tennessee. Came down into small hollow and bridge over creek. Five spikes in middle of road just before bridge. I slowed and then stopped as they wandered around and tried to make up their minds to go into trees at side of road. I got impaitient and honked the horn. How did that work out you ask? Not to good! Out of the corner of my left eye I caught a brown blur as the sixth spike came out of the ditch and ran into the side of the car. Holy crap! he exclaimed in deer speak, bounced off and ran headlong into the side of the car again, did double splits on the asphalt an appeared to feel real stupid before getting up and running back the same direction he came from. All his buddies appeared to be laughing their small deer butts off as they ambled off the road shaking their heads. Body shop said $1500 to replace two door skins and repaint.

17. laura!

laura! Member

My brother-in-law was sitting in traffic a few Novembers back. Road construction had them at a complete stand still for about 10-15 minutes, so he'd turned off his car. As he was sitting there, he was watching this nice buck running across a field toward him, wishing he had his gun. The darn buck kept on coming, ran right into his car and clawed his way over it. The insurance company didn't believe him.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.