1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

WAAAYYYY O/T: Pros/Cons of getting kids ID Cards

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by Shooting Coach, Oct 21, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shooting Coach

Shooting Coach Banned User Banned

Not a bad idea. Now is an easy time to get that out of the way.

The dog needs to be put on a diet! LOL

2. Lead Man

Lead Man TS Member

If you plan on getting them any type of bank accounts they will have to have state issued ID. I don't particularly like the idea but you do what you have to. By the way you have a beautiful set of young ladies there. be sure you teach them how to shoot. Best time of my life is on the range with my girls. That way mom has to go or for sure be a trap widow

Tony

3. nipper

nipper TS Member

i dont see any purpose,if you already have all the dna needed at home as stated.

Bill

4. Jerbear

Jerbear TS Member

Here, the kids get school Id's when they enter 6th grade.
    Photo, name and address.
    I also have Id's from a company called ident-a-kid.com.
    The ID has date taken, photo, fingerprint,DOB,Height,Weight,Hair color and Eye color.
    My wife,my name and address along with phone number.

The elementary school toke them for $10.00 2 years ago.

Now that they have school Id's I carry these for the finger print and eye color. I have updated their photos and weight and height with a new label.

I feel better that I have information such as finger prints with me ... just in case.

Jerbear

5. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

Just don't get the chip implants.

HM

6. BDodd

BDodd TS Member

On a recent cruise, my daughter was faced with passports or picture I.D. when doing the Inland Passage of Alaska. The boys are just 13 and 11 and she opted for inexpensive I.D. cards from the State of Orygun and they were accepted in all respects. Just one possible use. I, too, have fingerprints of our kids (now adults) and wonder if they have done their kids.....breakemall....Bob Dodd

7. Andy Moreland

Andy Moreland TS Member

How do you get kids to carry ID cards (without losing them or destroying them) everywhere they go every single time? And wouldn't an ID card be the first thing a kidnapper would throw away?

Andy Moreland

8. wolfram

wolfram Well-Known Member

I would reccomend getting passports for them even if you don't plan on traveling out of the country. Renew as required. You never know when they will need it but eventually they will. You don't want to be scrambling for documents in a critical moment.

Nice family by the way.

9. highflyer

highflyer TS Member

I can't comment. My wife and I tried our best to keep our kids from being issued Social Security numbers. Any government identification system scares me. I don't trust the government.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.