1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

waaaayyy O/T - motorcycle for sale

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by AveragEd, Jul 27, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AveragEd

AveragEd Well-Known Member

This is a burnt orange 2003 Suzuki GSX1300R Hayabusa 40th Anniversary Edition (one made per dealer) that has never been raced, never been crashed, never been over 8,000 rpm and never been wide-open in any gear. I bought in brand new in its crate on August 16th, 2003 and still hold the utmost respect for its athletic abilities. I was 56 at that time and am no braver now at age 61. Advancing arthritis pain and stiffness are causing me to replace it with an FJR1300.

It has no performance modifications but does have appearance and sport-touring mods as follows: HeliBars, Genmar 3/4" riser, ThrottleMeister cruise control, Zero Gravity smoked ST screen, painted inner fairing panels, Buell footpegs, Yoshimura R-22s, Tobin seats, Suzuki tank cover, fairing screens and a SpeedoHealer. In addition, the wheel rim flanges have been professionally pinstriped with a matching burnt orange stripe.

The engine oil & filter were changed with semi-synthetic 15w50 at 500 miles and once a year thereafter. The coolant has been changed every two years and just was at the beginning of this riding season. The chain is original, has been cleaned and lubricated/waxed after every ride and it and the sprockets are still in like-new condition. The total mileage on the bike is just under 12,600. I guess you could say it has been babied.

It comes with four windscreens, a Joe Rocket tank bag and the original mufflers, pegs, reflectors, bars, bar ends, fairing inner panels and just about everything else that was changed except the seats (which were converted by Tobin). I even have a new set of frame sliders I was too cowardly to drill the fairings to install. This is as close to a new one as they get for $7,000 firm.

The bike is located in Camp Hill, Pennsylvania (a suburb of Harrisburg) and I can be reached for serious inquiries at eclapper@verizon.net or (717) 512-0250.

Thanks for looking!

Ed

2. crusha

crusha TS Member

You'll put your eye out...

3. ec90t

ec90t Guest

Nice Bike Ed,

I sold all 4 2003 LE's that the dealership that I worked in, at the time, got. The color is very striking out in the sun. Nice additions and a good price to boot.

I like your replacement bike better, and so will you.

ec90t

4. jimx200

jimx200 Member

Wow, this makes much more sense to me than a Perazzi! Someone buy this damn thing...it's been 3 long years since I sold my two vintage Jap bikes (Suzuki GS1000 and Honda 750 Nighthawk and still get sweaty palms over a hot Jap bike. Sure wish Harley would come up with something that had performance....hang on while I put on my flame proof suit....lol.

5. AveragEd

Thanks. I really like the bike and have enjoyed it, especially the looks I get when I remove my helmet and people see an old pharte on a Hayabusa. When I first got it, 60 miles was as far as I could go - it felt like my knuckles were going to drag on turns, my earlobes were resting on my kneecaps and I couldn't see where I was going because my helmet hit the top of my shoulders when I raised my head high enough. Now, riding out full tanks of fuel - about 200 miles - is quite doable.

I tried posting a photo of it I took yesterday; hopefully, I did it right.

Ed

6. nspktr1

nspktr1 TS Member

John Noonan rode his Hayabusa to a world record land speed of 259+mph at the salt flats in 2005 in non-streamlined factory form. The hayabusa engine has driven a streamliner to over 307 mph. Engineers believe they can get 900+hp out of this 1300cc engine and eventually go over 500mph.

7. AveragEd

Bike is sold. Boy, it was fun to own but I'm moving on to a 2009 FJR1300.

Ed

8. Rem870TB

Rem870TB Active Member

"I'm moving on to a 2009 FJR1300"

Not another #$%&%* Rice Grinder!!!!!!!!!

;)

Hope you enjoy it as much as I do my 2003 FJR!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.