1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.

W.W. Greener For Sale

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Houston6, Apr 2, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Houston6

Houston6 TS Member

I have a W.W. Greener single shot shotgun on a Martini lever action that I am told the Britts provided for India way back when. I saw one made up in a lever action trap gun and it really looked cool.Anyway it is for sale at $350 if anyone is interested.

830 372 4074
  2. halfmile

halfmile Active Member

The chambers on these guns were cut for a special shell, with a step down in the front. This was to prevent the savages from using the guns with regular ammo, if they got their hands on one.

I knew a guy using one too, and he had to have it bored to work with regular 12 guage ammo.

HM
  3. Houston6

Houston6 TS Member

I have a W.W. Greener single shot shotgun on a Martini lever action that I am told the Britts provided for India way back when. I saw one made up in a lever action trap gun and it really looked cool.Anyway it is for sale at $350 if anyone is interested.

830 372 4074
  4. larryjk

larryjk Member

A large Martini action made for the 14 gauge shotshell that was stepped down from 12 to the 14.
  5. webley

webley TS Member

The 'Police' version on the Greener Martini action shotgun was chambered for special cartridges as mentioned by HM & Larry. It was used in many countries - not just India, about 60,000 were made. They are normall marked 'PG' or 'EG' on the side of the action

The normal sporting version of the gun - called the Greener GP (marked 'GP' on the side of the action) is the one most frequently seen. It was chambered for normal cartridges (12 & 16 bore - mainly 12). Over 100,000 of these guns were made with barrel lengths of 26 to 34". Special trap & multi-choke versions were available as well as models designed for harpoons of line throwing.

Regards
    Russell
  6. mike-israel

mike-israel TS Member

We had 4 Greeners in 14ga. in our Kibbutz armoury. They were marked "Police Riot"
    Took one - backed out the barrel ,put in a lath and opened it to 12ga for 2 3/4 shells. I think the 14 bore was 2 1/2 inch.
    Got some ducks with it in our fish ponds. Must have been around 1976 or there abouts.
    Could find strange stuff in the Kibbutz armoury in the 70s--sten guns. carl gustuvs, ak-47s, m-14s, m16s, mi carbines, m1 garand sniper rifles and of course UZIs....not a secret as all gone now.

Thought of some interest to fellow gun "nuts". AS I had a ball shooting the all.

Mike
  7. MX/MT

MX/MT TS Member

houston, we have a problem!

Your email bounced back.
  8. Beretta687EELL

Beretta687EELL Active Member

MX/MT This thread is over 1 year old. You might try the phone number. Bill Malcolm
  9. Houston6

Houston6 TS Member

MX/MT : I moved and have been off line for a year but I still have the Greener.

my new email: houston6@peoplepc.com

361 578 0914
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.