1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

W.T.B. Perazzi

Discussion in 'For Sale- Members only' started by rad 53, Feb 25, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rad 53

rad 53 Member

0   0   0

Hi guys, I'm looking to buy an original, unaltered, matching, monte carlo stock and forend for an Ithaca Perazzi TM1.Would like about 1 3/8" drop at comb, 14 3/8" length of pull, R.H. and original pad. This is for a factory engraved gun which has sadly had it's original wood pilfered, so am looking for something that is a bit prettier than the standard chair leg wood. This is probably a pretty tall ask, but if you don't ask you'll never find out. So lets see whats out there. I look forward to your replys, regards, Donald.

2. little gambler

little gambler Active Member

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0

TM3 factory engraved gun by chance? l.g.

3. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Rating - 100%
    37   0   0

Donald. Your best bet is a set of wood from Phil Simms. New, pretty, and a Perazzi clone. $800 plus shipping

4. rad 53

rad 53 Member

0   0   0

To L.G. yes, to M1A, do you have a contact no. for Phil Simms? Thanks, Donald.

5. JACK

Rating - 100%
    37   0   0

walnutmaker@aol.com.

He is usually a few hours off form responding, simply because the nature of his business. But here is a TM1 he did for me

[​IMG]

No. I do not know where that TM1 stock is now, but this is the TMX that is going on my next TMX, soon to arrive at my door. they are very similar. Nice guy, good stuff he makes. I would trust him with any gun I own.

6. JACK

Rating - 100%
    37   0   0

Th above is my daughter's TMX that I used to try and picture the gun with stock. I sits in my stock "Armoir"

(With the others)

7. little gambler

little gambler Active Member

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0

Rad 53,

You got a great gun. I was really thinking of buying that gun from Kirk. I just could not pull the trigger on it. It looked real nice!!! Hope it shoots as well as the engraving looks. l.g.

8. rad 53

rad 53 Member

0   0   0

Thanks M1A, have located a very nice dark finely chequered forend so will see if Phil can match up a similar dark coloured stock. Kind regards, Donald.

9. JACK

Rating - 100%
    37   0   0

Yes. Phil can do that. In fact he may be doing the reverse fo me by matchiing a forend to the stock you see above. The TMX I am receiving is prob a bit plain. But we'll see. Good luck. And too remember Phil does Perazzi replicas for me, But I have him add in features tha normal shooters like. A bit of cast off usually about 1/4", a small palm swell, and a circa mid 80s size. The gun you have had a small butt and a loarge forend and your gun would look better with the smaller forend of the circa 80s TM1s and a butt stock size from the same era. If you opt for mid 70s size, the gun will not be as shootable. And not as valuable either. Should wyou want to personally discuss my thoughts, holler at me during the week in the AMs on my 800-344-4840.

jack

I did find the TM1 stock he did for me. Note tht the checkering is Perazzi style

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Please note that I have Phil do stocks form average wood quality. That to keep the gun in Perazzi perspective. But he has tons of really nice blanks. Oder one and use my sizing instructions and you will end up with a fine job and a very re-saleable gun.

Jack

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.