1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

w: old trap field rig that uses real rods pulleys

Discussion in 'Want to Buy/Trade Threads' started by bobski, Oct 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bobski

bobski Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0

im looking for an old trap system from the past that requires a real puller 'of the lever' to cock the trap, complete with trap and guide rods and angle spinner. last one i saw was in 1982 in lakehurst naval air base. they lengthened the runway in 85 and it was gone, most likely bulldozed. sadly it worked and i shot a lot of games there.
    so, who has one rusting away in their field? i need one for my place thats in the middle of nowhere. and...i want to keep the history alive. pm me with your leads. thanks.

2. brdslayr

brdslayr Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0

I saw one too while working in the late 90's on ST. Lawrence Island in Alaska. Its an old White Alice radar site. I climbed in the old trap house and it had the machine you are talking about still in place. There was a loooong chain that ran back past the shooting line. Trap house was full of old bases from paper shells. I think whoever was in there setting the target was burning them to stay warm. Probably still there. JW

3. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

0   0   0

I remember one at the old Ann Arbor Rifle club property on Dancer Rd, Dexter, Michigan back in the 70's... wonder if it's still there myself...

4. pj 999

pj 999 TS Member

0   0   0

I have two setting in the barn. They might be what you are looking for. Have the trap, pull handle and base. Give me a day and I will post pictures.

5. bobski

bobski Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0

thanks for the leads guys. waiting for your pics. thanks.

6. mkstephen

mkstephen Active Member

0   0   0

Click on the TS.com URL above for one listed recently.

7. pj 999

pj 999 TS Member

0   0   0

Don't give up on my pictures. I have taken pictures but can't get them to load on computer. Wife is working tonight and she will try tomorrow. Sorry for delay but I have been very busy. Thanks Paul

8. Trapshooter

Trapshooter Well-Known Member

0   0   0

I have a nearly new condition one sitting in my garage.

9. bobski

bobski Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0

is it complete with handle, gears, connection rods, chains, trap, etc...?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.