1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

W.M.C.C Fennville Wild Game Dinner & GAMES!!!!

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by BornToScore, Jan 19, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BornToScore

BornToScore TS Member

[​IMG]

Hey Guys,

Would like to invite EVERYONE (MEMBERS AND NONMEMBERS) to Fennville Rod and Gun Club on Saturday, February 12th for our annual Wild Game Dinner! Were changing up the routine a bit this year by adding shooting to the mix!

Shooting will start around Noon with open rounds and games. We will be having two trap kids, so both ranges will be running. Tentative plan is to have Field 1 occupied with games (protections, three guns up, back doors, the game TRAP) and Field 2 will be for open rounds. Also both skeet ranges will be open for shooting as well.

Be sure to bring your Doubles guns as later in the day (when shooting slows down a bit), Field 1 will be switched over to throw doubles. The Doubles price will be $3.50 (or members can use there Card) and will consist of 26 birds total, starting with shooting 6 birds (3 pairs) on the first post, then shooting 4 birds (2 pairs) on second post, 6 birds on 3rd post, etc until reaching all 5 posts.

The Wild Game dinner will be served at 6:00 PM which will contain a variety of interesting recipes. Shooting will continue under the lights after dinner is served. Basically we'll keep shooting until everyone is out of shells!

I have attached a link to MapQuest showing the clubs location for any new folks!

Please reply to this thread with any questions or concerns.

Eric

F.R.G.C Trapper!

Some pics I Found

New Room:

[​IMG]

Field 2: (Field 1 picture wouldn't upload)

[​IMG]

Skeet Fields:

[​IMG]

New Roof At Rifle Range (Now finished with an enclosed room)

[​IMG]

Some Shooting Pics...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Response to the shirts "The Price of SHOT is Going UP!" haha

[​IMG]

The Gun of recent Controversy

[​IMG]

2. BenelliM2

BenelliM2 TS Member

I think I got to work that day maybe I can sneak out when the boss ain't lookin LOL! Should be a realley good time. I think there will be quite a variety of different critters on the menu(deer,elk,squirrel,rabbit,buffalo,some diff. fish maybe turtle,what ever road kill we can pick up on the way.

,Jordan Dekker

3. OGC Director

OGC Director TS Member

I have been dying to shoot at your club. Sounds like a great time and I hope to make it.

Rich in Indiana

4. BornToScore

BornToScore TS Member

Jordan - Thats the dandy of the shoot/dinner being 3 weeks away, you can make arrangements ahead of time to get the day off. Its certainly going to be a good time and sure hope you can get the day off!

Rich - I have seen you posting on the W.M.C.C threads quite often and hope you can find the time to make it up sometime. How long of a drive is it for you from your location? The Sunday (Feb. 13th) after the wild game dinner is our Second Sunday Calcutta at our club as well, so bring a camper and catch both events! We have power we could plug you into over night! I guarantee you will have a good time both days and meet lots of great guys. And certainly familiarize yourself with the club you have been reading so much about!

Regards!

Eric

F.R.G.C Trapper!

5. OGC Director

OGC Director TS Member

I will be coming from Fort Wayne and it will be just for Saturday. I have to work on Sunday.

Rich in Indiana

PS I have the date circled on the calendar. I just hope Mother Nature has nothing nasty in store for that date and I don't get hit with some surprise OT at work.

6. OGC Director

OGC Director TS Member

Do you have the street address for the club? I thought I already had it entered into my GPS but I can't find it.

Rich in Indiana

7. BornToScore

BornToScore TS Member

Hey Rich,

Sure glad to hear you can make it up. I will be sure you head home with all empty shells and you enjoy the club! I was actually supposed to head Fort Wayne this last weekend to pick up a car..but it all fell though..so I know the distance your driving to come shoot! The club sure appreciates it!

The clubs address is:

Fennville Rod and Gun Club
    2513 49th St
    Fennville, MI 49408-9103

Please ask any other questions you have. Would be nice if you could get the days at work switched around for Sunday as well! :D haha

Talk to you soon!

Eric

F.R.G.C Trapper!

8. Lostbyone

Lostbyone TS Member

9. BenelliM2

BenelliM2 TS Member

Awfully quiet on here....none of the BIG SHOTS must be coming.

Jordan Dekker

10. cindyfenn

cindyfenn Member

Good post BornToScore,should be a fun night. H

11. cindyfenn

cindyfenn Member

Good post BornToScore,should be a fun night. Have to remind folks that this is what Fennville Rod & Gun Club is all about - shooting and having fun! Want to welcome everybody - novice or sharpshooter - to just come out and shoot. It's not only about winning, just meeting lots of wonderful folks. You'll find life-long friends...

Cindy

12. cindyfenn

cindyfenn Member

Sorry for the half duplicate post - hate this laptop keyboard.

Forgot to mention Rich aka OGC director - hope the weather holds and you can make it. We'd love to have you!

13. OGC Director

OGC Director TS Member

I'm looking forward to it and hope to bring a few Indiana trapshooting buddies with me. At least that's the plan.

Rich in Indiana

14. BornToScore

BornToScore TS Member

Glad to hear that Rich. Certainly been looking forward to meeting you after seeing your name around the threads for quite some time! Be sure to bring your Trap Guns, Skeet Guns, Doubles Guns and LOTS OF SHELLS! All shooting prices are $3.50 per round for members and non-members for Trap (including doubles throwing 26 birds as mentioned above) and skeet. Protections and most games played are a $5.00/man entry fee. Also food will be $5.00 a plate for all you can eat. Just trying to get you planned ahead since I know its a long ride for you guys!

Eric

F.R.G.C Trapper!

15. OGC Director

OGC Director TS Member

I'm starting to wonder if its okay to come with a P-gun?

Rich in Indiana

16. CANTWIN

CANTWIN Member

Rich

It will be ok to come with your P-gun you are a newbee and get the royal treatment.Only after we know you like forever will we rag on you.

hook

17. moore5833

moore5833 TS Member

got me a road kill possum today-right in the freezer!!

18. BenelliM2

BenelliM2 TS Member

Perry,

Couple more of them there possums we might be able to make a dagum stew out of them!

Kill'em and Grill'em

19. BornToScore

BornToScore TS Member

Rich - Everyone is really quite friendly, they just gotta sound big and bad! haha. The gun I shoot is a Remington 870 Express....so I know your gun is much fancier than mine!

Keep up the hunting Perry! Maybe bring in that 15 pound squirrel you were telling us about...

Eric

F.R.G.C Trapper!

20. CANTWIN

CANTWIN Member

Perry

15 lb squirrel I think your fixing cats again and telling Jordan it's squirrel.But that is ok it has been a long time sense we had cat at Fennville.

hook

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.